1. Villa Talk

A place for Villa fans to talk about Aston Villa

2. PL:Southampton a

Saturday December 5 15:00
      St. Mary's Stadium

3. PL:Watford h

Saturday November 28 15:00

4. Other Football

A forum to discuss football matters concerning other teams.

5. Supporters Clubs

General questions about Supporters Clubs - finding one or setting one up

3. Off Topic

1. Off Topic

It does exactly what it says on the tin. Music, Films - anything.

2. Games and Gaming

Fantasy Football, Consoles, World of Warcraft and anything else related to games

3. Tech Room

All your questions about technology

4. Travel

For discussions about travel around the world

5. North American Sports

For "football", basketball, baseball, ice "hockey" and Lacrosse

6. Site Issues

For any technical issues or questions about the site (including testing)

7. Hall of Fame

Old threads preserved for the future

4. Current Season

1. 17,779
  5. Previous Seasons

1. 49,930
    2. 47,128
    3. 36,833
    4. 29,226
    5. 43,600
    6. 44,443

• Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?
      I don't share the disappointment on The Man in the High Castle (as I had no book reference for it) but I wholeheartedly agree on The Bridge. Top stuff.
    • Quiz! I scored 97%
    • The Rémi Garde thread
      But sherwood was always going to give an initial bounce with his swagger and ego but it wore off quickly luckily it was enough to save us, hopefully Garde's ideas will come around to bear fruit in the end for the longer term and hopefully with enough time for us to survive.  I do agree though, on the face of it you have 28 games and you are 4 points from safety, surely that is do-able for a good manager? Only time will tell of course.
    • Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?
      Just finished TMITHC, I found it rather underwhelming. It's not bad in anyway but it just doesn't to click.    
    • The Randy Lerner thread
      As posts above show the main expenditure in football is wages. And there has been a  overall failing of the club to replace good quality players with similar players which has led to our current demise. We have failed to try and keep up with the big boys in the Premier League since 2010. And there is no going back from this.We have missed this boat. City are now worth £2 billion, Arsenal, United and Liverpool have always been bigger than us, Chelsea have a sugar daddy willing to spend £500 million on a new stadium, Spurs will move soon, and West Ham have been given a free 54,000 stadium. Meanwhile under Lerner we have gone backwards. I doubt the North Stand rebuild will ever happen. The alternative to this was to try and have a decent structure, identify players with potential, and sell them on to reinvest in the squad. Like Southampton, Everton, Swansea or a Stoke. We have also failed in this with too many different chief execs,  and too many different managers with different football philosophies. And our owner has got less and less interested when more and more money has poured into the game. Under Lerner we have not grown into a superclub which some of us hoped might have happen. But more damingly after the years of creaking leadership under Elllis, we have not become a nimble well organised top flight club either. Lerner is probably a decent guy who did once care about Villa. But footballing economics and bad management has led us to being in possible the worst position the club has ever been in. Or at least since the late 1960's. We are screwed.
    • Fallout 4
      Over 60k caps, 4 days solid of my play time has been dedicated to looting and selling shit though. I have enough fusion cores that I could wear my power armour to finish off the story without having to pick anymore cores up. I think I'm locked into the minutemen ending, but I've been avoiding progressing the story anymore to prolong the experience.