Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Probably needs its own thread now on his way to Villa for a medical according to sky

 

Quote

 

MINGS TRAVELLING TO VILLA

Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings is on his way to the Midlands this morning to undergo a medical at Aston Villa, Sky Sports News understands. 

The two clubs are close to agreement on a loan deal with an option for Villa to buy him in the summer. 

A number of Championship clubs - including West Bromwich Albion and Derby - were interested in the playe

 

Hopefully first of a few today

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard it on the radio this morning and now seen on the Sky Sports app.  It looks like this deal is happening.  Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself with our luck and injuries!  Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he stays fit I think he could be great. Looks huge and a real power house. Apparently was exceptional at this level with Ipswich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good deal on a loan, think he’ll surprise a lot of people with how good he is; Quick, strong, good on the ball also has that aggression factor our team is missing largely imo.

Lets just hope we have an option to buy though if it does work out so we aren’t paying £1M for the priviledge of getting another teams player up to speed... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, penguin said:

Good deal on a loan, think he’ll surprise a lot of people with how good he is; Quick, strong, good on the ball also has that aggression factor our team is missing largely imo.

Lets just hope we have an option to buy though if it does work out so we aren’t paying £1M for the priviledge of getting another teams player up to speed... 

I hope that 1m isbollocks personally its a crazy amount for a player who has hardly played for 6 months. I would prefer a loan deal for 18montha for that price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us hope it isn't Jenas all over again...or Bolasie with the getting up to speed.

Again I am questionning out scouting setuo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's an option to buy in the summer maybe the 1m loan price (reported) comes off the purchase. e.g. we don't buy him they get a mil, covers them. If we do buy him for say 5m, we pay 4 due to the 1m loan fee?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If it's an option to buy in the summer maybe the 1m loan price (reported) comes off the purchase. e.g. we don't buy him they get a mil, covers them. If we do buy him for say 5m, we pay 4 due to the 1m loan fee?

Even given his injury record I’d say 5m is awfully cheap in this market 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen somehwere 3.7m then with the loan fee of 1m off will only cost 2.7m which could prove an absolute bargain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A million is sod all. Especially if he's prem standard and it keeps Taylor out of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never knowingly seen this guy in action so this is a question born purely out of lack of knowledge:

On what basis are people saying he is good?

He’s only played a handful of matches over the past 4 seasons and in the 5 games he played for Bournemouth in December, their defence conceded 14 goals. Seems unlikely that he can have shown up very well in that phase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Never knowingly seen this guy in action so this is a question born purely out of lack of knowledge:

On what basis are people saying he is good?

He’s only played a handful of matches over the past 4 seasons and in the 5 games he played for Bournemouth in December, their defence conceded 14 goals. Seems unlikely that he can have shown up very well in that phase?

I like the way he roughed up Rooney and Zlatan once. We need more aggression in the team. 

But you’re right though. Many probably haven’t really seen him play that much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a unit isn't he Mings? Was very good at Ipswich apparently. Also runs his own interior design company I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Never knowingly seen this guy in action so this is a question born purely out of lack of knowledge:

On what basis are people saying he is good?

He’s only played a handful of matches over the past 4 seasons and in the 5 games he played for Bournemouth in December, their defence conceded 14 goals. Seems unlikely that he can have shown up very well in that phase?

Quick look at those December games and it looks like it was mostly appearances around the 80+ minute mark so scorelines aren’t really a factor.

Id say I’ve seen him around a handful of times watching games live for both clubs combined, not enough to compile a scout report for sure but enough to form an opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

 

Again I am questionning out scouting setuo.

Dem,can you translate this for us?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â