Pre-match thread - Cup Final 7 of 10

ender4

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

2 days rest for the players.

Chelsea are at the moment capable of losing, or smashing any team. We owe them after the fa cup game.

I think this is a Konsa-Carlos-Pau-Digne game.  Just cannot risk a shutoff in intensity out there on that side.

Bailey Luiz Tielemans McGinn Rogers

Watkins

Favoring Bailey here because his defensive cover was outstanding today.

• Thanks 1

They have talent, but are a nothing team. Shut down Palmer, bully Enzo & Mudryk and they'll break. Watkins, Bailey, Rogers will terrorise their defense. 

It's about us really. We were crap against them in the cup. If we show the same intensity as we did against Arsenal and today then I believe we will beat them. Shut Palmer out. Watkins will run them ragged especially a 40 year cb. 

• Like 1

They battered us in the FA Cup at Villa park this season. We need revenge! 
They play Tuesday against Arsenal, so for change, Villa will have the fresher legs. 

A win here would be massive for the race for 4th place. Could be 9 points ahead of Spurs before they play next. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

They have talent, but are a nothing team. Shut down Palmer, bully Enzo & Mudryk and they'll break. Watkins, Bailey, Rogers will terrorise their defense. 

Their defence is far better with Silva in it as he's the only one who actually talks and organises them. 

Think it's good for us they have Arsenal midweek as even with his excellent fitness he'll struggle to get through both games at nearly 40.

I can see this being 2-2 and after winning our last two it won't be a disaster even if some make out it will be as usual.

We would've won the cup if it wasn't for this lot... Few seasons ago I'd have been terrified to play Chelsea, the roles have probably reversed now and I am confident that we can win here. Funny how things change in football. 

Tricky tricky game . Could have gone either way at their place in the league then they completely turned us over in the cup . Must go for the win obviously but I won’t be spitting my dummy out over a draw .

• Like 3

Chelsea got to be the most random team in the league.

They could be brilliant or relegation fodder.

Completely random which version turns up.

• Like 1

Its another win isn't it, just a case of how many

last match for me before Holibobs > will be in "The Pub" Puerto Rico Gran Canaria for the two Europa legs (just saying)

Edited by Robtaylor200

Strange game, Chelsea are the type that could chuck it in after losing in the cup or be like prime Barca.

Game v Arsenal helps us as they will be up for that and put alott into it to try and stop Arsenal im sure - Hopefully a couple of red cards for Palmer and Enzo!

• Like 1

Spurs don't play til Sunday, so if we could get a result here, and it's by no means certain,we would be 9 points ahead. They would be under immense pressure to go to Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool and get results. 

Please choke spurs, please choke.