What are your group chats called? And how SFW are they?

T-Dog

Curious, based on the number of group chats that exist these days.

Some are wholesome, some are, well, wild.

So, what's the name of your group chats and what's the context? 

I am not blokey so the 3 group chats I have are tame. “Clown union” is me, the wife and daughter. “Virgin ladies” which is old virgin colleagues and “Skegness 2024” which is old colleagues from the 90s. Not a single word in them would land me in trouble with my employer. 

• Like 1

IMG_4309.jpeg.44aea2ec58c37dd2d63ac8c3a9339ce0.jpeg

It’s not “celt” that has been blanked out.

I didn’t name it, I’m not sure the apostrophe is in the correct place. 

It’s named that because a former friend called me, our mutual friend (who was the former friend’s best man) and another very mild mannered, perfectly nice friend a “corner of words removed” completely unprovoked. This was one act of unpleasantness on an evening out along with several other acts of unpleasantness. And this night wasn’t the only night in which I or anyone else endured equivalent unpleasantness.

This WhatsApp group chat was initially set up to discuss whether us three (and two others) wanted to persist in hanging out with him. It now acts as the organising chat for social events between the “core” group of five. Though some of the group are still on amicable terms with the aggressive-when-he’s-drunk chap.

The cheating I am referring to in my message is me saying we probably need to eat next weekend when we meet up for a few drinks (“but eating is cheating Mark…”).

• Like 1

I’m a bit disappointed I am not really in any of these wild whatsapp groups that has shocking content. 

Work stuff, brothers, family, couple of mates, lads football team, neighbourhood moaners. All very tame. 

• Sad 1

Our family one is called 'ACME'. It's the initials of me, the missus and our two daughters.  SFW. 

The one for the group of friends with whom we have regular holidays is called 'Seven Go Mad on Sanatogen'.  SFW. 

The beer and football mates one is called (with crushing unoriginality) 'The Lads'.  Definitely NSFW. 

Of course, W is not an issue anymore. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The Lads

I love that. It's so uniform and also I know the content immediately. Brilliant. 

• Thanks 1

Oh all my groups are tame in their content (mostly). It’s just the name of that one that is a bit edgy and even then it’s done in a self referential in joke. If we had been called “a table of bellends” that would be the group name.

I have another chat which is called “Finland it is”. This is a general chat with the five plus a few others which really just covers birthdays and big news. The name used to be changed frequently, it was changed to the current one because we originally used to chat p(b)olotics in there and based on the policies and the aesthetics of the Finnish leader and her team it was felt Finland are doing well for themselves.

In 2022, after a few heated political discussions, a select group of us formed another group to discuss politics which I hilariously called “The 2022 Committee”. 

I have a chat for Villa with my one Villa mate. Imaginatively called “Villa”. Any non Villa related discussion is done in a separate chat between me and him.

They’re the only groups I have.

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The beer and football mates one is called (with crushing unoriginality) 'The Lads'.  Definitely NSFW. 

My version of this has had a few names down the years but the current, longest serving name is "The Snowflakes Group" in my honour for picking them up on various un PC jokes and comments. I've nearly left it a few times. 

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My version of this has had a few names down the years but the current, longest serving name is "The Snowflakes Group" in my honour for picking them up on various un PC jokes and comments. I've nearly left it a few times. 

We keep warning one of the members of "The Lads", that he's skating on thin ice with some of the stuff he posts from his workplace. Doesn't bother us at all, but his employers would be aghast. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you on the terrace View group chat and Heck’s Heroes?

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

We have one generic group called old clearings in the woods for sharing jokes , boobies and stuff but I like to be organised so every specific  event gets its own thread , so if arranging a gig , add the people we think might be interested , then remove the ones that say no , delete group few days after gig has ended so you don’t end up with 608 of them. 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

We have one generic group called old clearings in the woods for sharing jokes , boobies and stuff but I like to be organised so every specific  event gets its own thread , so if arranging a gig , add the people we think might be interested , then remove the ones that say no , delete group few days after gig has ended so you don’t end up with 608 of them. 

We had a VT meetup one for the Wembley playoff final. 

I’ve got many. Very few are SFW 

One in particular is extremely NSFW. Just very dark humour. That we all know is wrong. But it gets us through the day

• Like 1

One from his NSFW collection in the group chat.

"Oh Leon, by @JAMAICAN-VILLAN"

He down down dat wing

Doing his Ting

Oh Leon, Oh Leon

Thighs like pythons

Dat Cross you bring

Oh Leon, Oh Leon

Jamaican me horny

Jamaican me sweat

When he run down dat wing

He make me all wet 

Oh Leon

• Haha 1

Me, @lapal_fan and @Paddywhack’s group chat changes name yearly. It was something like “tiny balls crew”, then “small cock guys”, then “ballbag lads”. The most recent change was to “dork sandwich”, because @Paddywhack is obsessed with running and doesn’t shut up about it. (He is currently sweating his arse off on some 50 mile run or some nonsense). 

Our chat has been going since 2015 and is occasionally NSFW. Mostly it’s just us talking shit and sending daft videos and voice clips though.

Was shocked to see how many dormant chats I have to clean up whilst checking through this, but main ones that are active are:

WARSLUG - name changes frequently based on chat, contains old school/hometown friends and not as NSFW as it used to be.

Bets, FPL and Quizzes - splinter group for those of us who like football. Occasionally NSFW. 

Modern Neutrals - Band chat and the most SFW of the lot

GAFFNEY 2024 - Group of us who tend to go on a holiday each year. God knows where Dean Gaffney comes into it.

15 hours ago, rjenkins said:

Was shocked to see how many dormant chats I have to clean up whilst checking through this, but main ones that are active are:

WARSLUG - name changes frequently based on chat, contains old school/hometown friends and not as NSFW as it used to be.

Bets, FPL and Quizzes - splinter group for those of us who like football. Occasionally NSFW. 

Modern Neutrals - Band chat and the most SFW of the lot

GAFFNEY 2024 - Group of us who tend to go on a holiday each year. God knows where Dean Gaffney comes into it.

Answers needed haha

Â