Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

its the physical side where he seems to struggle .. he did a great bit of skill yesterday where he knocked the ball one side of the defender, and he ran the other side  .. The defender just basically  muscled him off the ball  ... and that seems to have been the pattern all season

I kinda hope he moves on regardless , he isn't really cut out for this level    ... If we stay up , then his goals this week will have been massive  , I won't be chipping in to buy a statue of him outside VP , but I'll wish him well at his new club and give him a decent reception if he ever comes back to VP whilst playing for them

I disagree, and whilst it may only be an example, I think in the passage of play you’re referencing he won a free kick.

I thought his whole game was better last night, passing was better, touch was still a little off but I think he’s gotten markedly better in the past few weeks, he’s seemingly an enigma perhaps.

He’s never going to win PFA player of the season or golden boot but if he improves more for next season he could be pretty decent.

His work off the ball and defensive play has been really impressive too lately, it’s no coincidence we conceded against Everton from the right flank after he went off, it’s also why I think we didn’t see the customary El Ghazi / Trez substitution last night.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We aren't a long ball side so what is the obsession with a big lump up front?

Our out ball for most of the season has been Mings launching it to the striker, something Baker got ridiculed for constantly but because Mings has some legendary cult status he seems to be allowed to do this without anyone questioning it 

His goals against palace and arsenal were colossal for us. 

It's funny because in the one hand he deserves every single bit of criticism leveled at him, but on the other hand you've got to love him. 

• Like 1

Just now, WooJung said:

His goals against palace and arsenal were colossal for us. 

It's funny because in the one hand he deserves every single bit of criticism leveled at him, but on the other hand you've got to love him. 

He deserves no criticism at all. His goals have kept us up make no mistake about that. Also he runs his socks off his effort is there for all too see, he may not be the best player to ever pull on a Villa shirt but his effort is great and I will never knock him for that. He’s still young on top of that in his first season with us, in England and the premier league. Guy deserves a break.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

He deserves no criticism at all. His goals have kept us up make no mistake about that. Also he runs his socks off his effort is there for all too see, he may not be the best player to ever pull on a Villa shirt but his effort is great and I will never knock him for that. He’s still young on top of that in his first season with us, in England and the premier league. Guy deserves a break.

But if he was actually a decent winger we might not have been in this situation. His goals were very important but it's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch at times 

• Like 3

He's a mega traditional winger, cross when you get to the byline and attack the back post when the opposite flank gets the ball.  

There are players with more flair and better technique than he has, but he works **** hard to cover his fullback and he always attacks the back post!  It's a wonderful trait to have.

He's like scrappy doo, limited, but with heaps of heart.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Going to Galatasaray 

The galatasaray fan I play football with on a Wednesday has been asking me about him for weeks, he's really excited about signing him, thinks he's top quality for that league but probably just not good enough for the PL

He's right, the quality just isn't there, the effort definitley is, personally I'd like to keep him and sell EL ghazi if we can, think selling both leaves us with no depth but it looks like we'll get our money back on trez

How hard he's tried should mean he escapes serious criticism, just one of those gambles that didn't pay off and ultimately cost us very little 

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Would be very surprised if he's still at club come the end of the season. He wants to be the star of the team, which he is not. 

I don't get that impression at seems very humble bloke to me.

Not fussed either way tbh. His goals kept us up - but he has looked miles out of depth at times.

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Would be very surprised if he's still at club come the end of the season. He wants to be the star of the team, which he is not. 

Does he? 
I don’t get that impression of him at all. I think he comes across as very humbled and hard working. Happy to do the graft for the team. 
El Ghazi on the other hand, I’d agree that he wants to be star player

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah just seen his comments to bein sports, tough season because he doesnt always play

Again stuff like that it's hard to criticise him, if it is galatasaray they're a big club, that's CL chasing, if he plays there every week it's hard to begrudge him 

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's a mega traditional winger, cross when you get to the byline and attack the back post when the opposite flank gets the ball.  

There are players with more flair and better technique than he has, but he works **** hard to cover his fullback and he always attacks the back post!  It's a wonderful trait to have.

He's like scrappy doo, limited, but with heaps of heart.

I just don't think he's a winger at all. More a forward if anything. 

• Like 1

Â