Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

He was so so so so so bad. 

I appreciate the late season flourish of course, but, jesus, he was awful.

First season he was (aside from the goals) but in that second season he played well from what I remember. Was part of some great team performances like the 7-2 v Liverpool.

20 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

A much maligned player, who was definitely limited in certain aspects of his play. Where he was not limited in anyway was with the heart, passion and fight he played with.

On this day 4 years ago he scored one of goals (and he did score quite a few) that inevitably allowed us to stay up in that mental Covid season.

I will always remember Trez with fond memories, not because he was an excellent player, but because he always played with an excellent attitude.

Not quite, there was no football in April 2020 due to covid.

Forgot about his Leicester goal, that was some moment!

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

He was so so so so so bad. 

I appreciate the late season flourish of course, but, jesus, he was awful.

We've had far far worse, he was lightyears ahead of Tonev who's a contender for worst ever 11.

I think the problem with Trez is people saw him hitting double figures in Turkey and due to our three years in exile forgot how tough the premier league actually was. I remember in the pre season people were lauding him as this ultra quick wide player so I think in the opening few weeks when he was struggling to beat for pace quick premier league FBs people were raging he wasn't the second coming of Mbappe.

He had his limitations but he had a great knack of gambling on stuff at the back post and that got us goals that won us crucial points.

He cost us less than 9m which seemed like big money at the time coming back up but put into perspective by what has been spent in last five years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

We’ve had “better” players who cost us a lot more who did far less and didn’t try anywhere near as hard…

Hey.

Hey @DJ_Villain

Grealish was better than Trezeguet.

tumblr_nbjxk0osXU1terwlso1_400.gif

• Haha 1

Could clearing in the woods in a goal but he couldn't run, couldn't dribble , couldn't pass, couldn't cross, and was weak as anything. I'm sorry, just a dreadful, dreadful footballer.

95% of watching this guy was him trying to run his man and dispossessed.  I remember one game, clear as day against Southampton when he had about 5-10 yards on JWP when in about 3 strides he was caught up and absolutely bodied by JWP clearly and dispossessed.

I mean, without Trez we were down. He's earned this club more money and possibly change it's direction more than anyone in it's entire history.

..but man he was bad at football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Could clearing in the woods in a goal but he couldn't run, couldn't dribble , couldn't pass, couldn't cross, and was weak as anything. I'm sorry, just a dreadful, dreadful footballer.

95% of watching this guy was him trying to run his man and dispossessed.  I remember one game, clear as day against Southampton when he had about 5-10 yards on JWP when in about 3 strides he was caught up and absolutely bodied by JWP clearly and dispossessed.

I mean, without Trez we were down. He's earned this club more money and possibly change it's direction more than anyone in it's entire history.

..but man he was bad at football.

Wow did you just use 'clearing in the woods' as a verb? I didn't know you could do that. That's awesome.

• Haha 1

Â