Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

its the physical side where he seems to struggle .. he did a great bit of skill yesterday where he knocked the ball one side of the defender, and he ran the other side  .. The defender just basically  muscled him off the ball  ... and that seems to have been the pattern all season

I kinda hope he moves on regardless , he isn't really cut out for this level    ... If we stay up , then his goals this week will have been massive  , I won't be chipping in to buy a statue of him outside VP , but I'll wish him well at his new club and give him a decent reception if he ever comes back to VP whilst playing for them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

its the physical side where he seems to struggle .. he did a great bit of skill yesterday where he knocked the ball one side of the defender, and he ran the other side  .. The defender just basically  muscled him off the ball  ... and that seems to have been the pattern all season

I kinda hope he moves on regardless , he isn't really cut out for this level    ... If we stay up , then his goals this week will have been massive  , I won't be chipping in to buy a statue of him outside VP , but I'll wish him well at his new club and give him a decent reception if he ever comes back to VP whilst playing for them

Yeah i agree i dont think he is suited for english football too lighteweight and inconsistent 

But dint think we would sell him if e ego up as he is one of the few players who scores goals in our squad

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I kinda hope he moves on regardless , he isn't really cut out for this level   

I don't think he'll be starting next season, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he's a squad player. I'd definitely try to get rid of one of El Ghazi and him and if we're going to continue with the two wingers, we need 2 better ones, but having one of them on the bench wouldn't be terrible. I'm not sure which one I'd pick tbh. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't think he'll be starting next season, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he's a squad player. I'd definitely try to get rid of one of El Ghazi and him and if we're going to continue with the two wingers, we need 2 better ones, but having one of them on the bench wouldn't be terrible. I'm not sure which one I'd pick tbh. 

Yeah id imagine one of them +jota will be sold or loaned out.

We definitely need better wingers than those two.

Id be tempted to make a offer for chris wood in the summer if we stay up and dwight McNeil 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

it's another one for the Genetic engineering factory whereby we merge the 2 players to create one good one ....

El Ghazi has the more potential \ talent but his attitude seems to be very up and down .. Overall this season he's been disappointing , I'd expect him to be moved on as well

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He's a decent squad player, and we need depth.

I wouldn't be selling any players in close season (grealish aside if he wants to go)

We need to add 5 or so players and not sell anyone.

If we do now stay up, he'll have re-payed every penny we spent on him with his goal last night, 2 against Palace and the once against Leicester. Love his effort, attitude and knack of popping one in when it matters. I'd keep him without doubt for next season, as a starter if we're in the championship and on the bench if we're in the PL. I'd get rid of El Ghazi either way and i'd get rid of Jota if we're in the PL.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Happening regardless I think.

He wouldn't have stayed if we went down and he doesn't look good enough for this level if we stay up it seems.

If he’s going the club obviously decided to let him go. Personally would have liked to see another season at PL level, but again think he’s only a squad player and we definitely need better wingers if we stay up.

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Terrible but indispensable.  The man’s a walking oxymoron.

see ive now been singing "walk like an oxymoron" to the tune of walk like an egyptian since i read this message and its very annoying

• Haha 2

I think few players come good from abroad in one season, I have branded Trez the new Tonev at times but there is something about him that is growing on me, he tries so hard, his movement off the ball is getting better, he just needs to focus and get stronger on the ball as he is definitely too lightweight but I think that can be taught, he like many others is from lightweight leagues, the Prem is the most physical league in the world so it takes time to learn how to deal with that. He needs to beat the man then ensure there is enough contact so that he either wins the ball or a free kick like Grealish does.

But yeah at the moment he is doing more than any of our strikers which is proves how crap we are up top.

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd actually keep him over Ghazi. Not because he's better technically or is a cleverer player. I just think he has a much stronger character. The kid is like the Monty Python sketch....chop his arms and legs off and he'd still be trying his hardest to battle. I think if you could mould them together you'd have a great player but as you can't the battler is more important than the poser. 

Â