Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Shame he's going back to the Turkish league as I think there was a chance he could have kicked on next season, and he definitely bought a bit of patience from the fans with his goals at the end of this season.

But hopefully this means we have a replacement lined up 

On 28/07/2020 at 02:44, villaglint said:

Personally I'd still get rid, for sure his work rate and goals have helped keep us up but there is no room in the Premier League for sentiment. First goal of this season is to improve the quality in the squad and Trez is near the top of the list for lowest quality players we have. Jota is obviously below him in the list and needs to go also. 

If it is me and what I expect will happen is that Jota and one of Trez/El Ghazi will go and we then buy two first choice wingers/wide attackers. 

Main thing I keep thinking about Trez is that we could sell him and get Fraser for free (obviously on higher wages) and be better overall without having spent a penny. Not saying we should do that because I'd agree with questions over Frasers character but just an example of the options out there to improve us. 

Depends on a) whether we keep Grealish and b) if we do, where we intend to play Grealish. If he stays out on the left, then yes get rid of Jota and another, but personally i would be putting him centrally and buying two first choice wingers, with AEG and Trez as bench options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Rapid Trezeguet in 4th place. I’m surprised by this, and the fact Soyuncu, Fred and Foden are all on there!!

Would be interesting to see the bottom 10 for outfield players, as I suspect the numbers wouldn't be to far off the top 10. There is only a .42 mph difference between position 1-10. Besides the scalar quantity of speed is pretty useless. Velocity is more important (incorporating direction) and then acceleration that is absolutely key to the prowess of a footballer. This, of course, can also be overcome with good positioning, awareness and anticipation.

The Egyptian Brett Holman - who also scored the goals that kept us up, who works hard and has a great attitude. He should stay 100% imo. Not good enough as a starter, but gold worth to have coming on from the bench to cause some havoc. Players with a nose for goals, and more so important goals, are rare to find. He can also only improve. We should keep hold of our heros, and he is one because he made us stay up and took us to a Wembley final.

• Like 2

Has earned areprieve for me till at least January. he isn’t Based on the past season the long term solution but a good squad option and his place could be taken by a youth product ie: Ramsey hopefully in due course if he doesn’t do better second season in. 

I’m surprised so many want to keep him, he’s been shit all season apart from 3 games at the end, fair enough his goals probably kept us up, but he’s awful if we can make a profit on him get rid, esp as him and his agent was saying if we went down he’ll be off + his mate at galatasaray mocked up a pic of him in there shirt with welcome brother next season

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I’m surprised so many want to keep him, he’s been shit all season apart from 3 games at the end, fair enough his goals probably kept us up, but he’s awful if we can make a profit on him get rid, esp as him and his agent was saying if we went down he’ll be off + his mate at galatasaray mocked up a pic of him in there shirt with welcome brother next season

Thing is we would have to buy a new first choice winger to improve the side and then buy another squad player to replace Trez anyway.  Might as well just keep Trez around the squad especially considering the important goals he has chipped in with.  We don't want a massive turnover of players yet again.

As long as he continues to improve he might be a valuable member of the squad. He’s not exactly “aesthetically appealing” in his style, less so than El Ghazi. But, he has arguably been much more effective than Anwar within a shorter space of time and possesses a much better attitude & personality.

He's done pretty well in the last few games of the season; it takes time for players to settle, we are not in a position to let too many go due to the new-substitute rule and the major fixture congestion of next season.

Personally i think we need to keep him.

On 28/07/2020 at 10:30, skarroki said:

Shame he's going back to the Turkish league as I think there was a chance he could have kicked on next season, and he definitely bought a bit of patience from the fans with his goals at the end of this season.

But hopefully this means we have a replacement lined up 

Did I miss something? Is he close to being sold?

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He's done pretty well in the last few games of the season; it takes time for players to settle, we are not in a position to let too many go due to the new-substitute rule and the major fixture congestion of next season.

Personally i think we need to keep him.

he had a few good spells across the season, and then about 30 shite games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Liono said:

he had a few good spells across the season, and then about 30 shite games.

34 appearances (14) as sub and 6 goals..

Not too bad in all honesty.

Where would we be without his goals eh?

We need a squad. People like Trez still have a big part to play. We need better quality to start matches but Trez has easily done enough to stay as part of our squad next season. Trez in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

34 appearances (14) as sub and 6 goals..

Not too bad in all honesty.

Where would we be without his goals eh?

agreed - and where would we be if we had a better player in those games? :)

Â