Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hoping he's just struggling with the pace of the league and he'll have a Luiz-esque renaissance of sorts because I'm struggling reconcile how someone as bad as he's looked could finish the way he does. It makes no sense.

I'm afraid that might not be the case, Luiz showed glimpses of quality, Trez has a good sense of attacking positioning and his finishing recently has been very sound, but other than that he has shown nothing impressive, quite the contrary. 

Hope he proves me wrong though! 

Today he played like a footballer in that he didn't lose the ball easily and he put in good tackles. He started a few good attacks too with simple passes. If he performed like this all season then we might have been on 37,38 points already. Long may it continue.

9 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I'm afraid that might not be the case, Luiz showed glimpses of quality, Trez has a good sense of attacking positioning and his finishing recently has been very sound, but other than that he has shown nothing impressive, quite the contrary. 

He has proven you wrong... He scored 2 in 1 against Palace... Scored the winner in the League Cup Semi against Leicester.... Won us the game tonight against Arsenal....

Nobody is calling him the reincarnation of Messi... but he has put a shift in (and delivered) for us more than a lot of our other players have this season...

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

He has proven you wrong... He scored 2 in 1 against Palace... Scored the winner in the League Cup Semi against Leicester.... Won us the game tonight against Arsenal....

Nobody is calling him the reincarnation of Messi... but he has put a shift in (and delivered) for us more than a lot of our other players have this season...

He has proven me wrong in the sense that he has delivered, which I am delighted about. 

I hope he also proves me wrong that he can play at a consistently good level in the premier league, which he hasn't done. If you remove the leicester semi-final, crystal palace and today you are left with very little. 

But if we stay up we owe it to him as well, and a lot too

18 minutes ago, WooJung said:

How much did he cost us?

£9m...

and he has almost helped us stay in the Premier League... In his first ever season playing outside of the dogshit Turkish leagues...

We have paid a lot more money for players who have delivered a lot, lot less...

Trezeguet is doing what he can with the tools he has...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WooJung said:

He has proven me wrong in the sense that he has delivered, which I am delighted about. 

I hope he also proves me wrong that he can play at a consistently good level in the premier league, which he hasn't done. If you remove the leicester semi-final, crystal palace and today you are left with very little. 

But if we stay up we owe it to him as well, and a lot too

"If you remove the leicester semi-final, crystal palace and today you are left with very little"

But actually, those were some of the more memorable (and pleasant) moments of this season...

We have had an absolute arse of a year... and Trez may not have been a particularly talented footballer (by Premier League standards)...

But he tried... and he tried hard... which is more than I can say for a lot of our players

15 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

"If you remove the leicester semi-final, crystal palace and today you are left with very little"

But actually, those were some of the more memorable (and pleasant) moments of this season...

We have had an absolute arse of a year... and Trez may not have been a particularly talented footballer (by Premier League standards)...

But he tried... and he tried hard... which is more than I can say for a lot of our players

I never faulted his effort, just his overall quality and performances. In the past week he has done A LOT to improve my opinion about him and long may it continue! 

20 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

That's 6 points and a cup final there.

• Like 1

He is the Egyptian Marcus Allbäck in that he has just suddenly decided to keep us in the league and his goals may well achieve that. If he continues to improve like this he will be a decent player to have around. A team like ours isn’t going to sign the Mane’s of this world so this lad is a good place to start if he can keep up the development. 

He has earned his second year here IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Terrible but indispensable.  The man’s a walking oxymoron.

Is he actually terrible though? Everyone seems to be a bit hyperbolic when it comes to this guy. I’m not sure you can be terrible and score as many as he has in his first PL season.

We did all also write off Douglas Luiz at first and he’s come through, but he did also have a better pedigree in terms of teams he has played for and coaching he has been exposed to. Trezeguet deserves a chance. 

I’ve always said Trez had potential, that there is a player somewhere there. Delighted for him. Seven goals in his first Premier League season isn’t half bad for a lad who’s “Championship at best”.

He’s been absolutely awful at time, but best of luck to the man. Gives his all. I’ll miss him if he goes off to Galatasaray or whoever.

E56E70F5-1CEA-4D72-AE07-51FEDFF975A0.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be honest I don't hate him. Slowly He is becoming more of a cult hero. 

However if he plays like he did today he can become a solid Premier League footballer.  I have said it that with a little more simplicity he can become a 10 goal a season player in the Premier League. He needs to relax his mind a little. He can do with bulking up a little too.

His biggest problem is that he tries to do 4544554 things at once. AEG is the same he feels like he has to do too much.  His mind works too fast for his body so he ends up looking awful and clumsy. So technically he is actually a genius because his mind works too fast for football.😂

His heart and effort has been commended by all and we can never fault him for that.

I'd love to be in Egypt tonight though. 

Completely understand what you mean with this comment. It reminds me of me as a player in my younger years (he says at 35). 

Trez has the brain for it, he manouvers his way around at times so smartly and he knows exactly how he should do something, you can see it but there's a conflict, either he thinks about it too much and gets caught out or his body can't do what he wants quick enough. 

He reminds me of a younger Sterling in that when he has the time to think, it gets flustered/clustered and it's a neither here nor there effort at a shot/cross or gets caught in possession. When there is no time to mull things over the natural football brain clicks in and the instant finish is there. I was like this as a youth/early 20's, I knew exactly what to do but couldn't half of the time. I can ping massive passes to feet cross field in warm up but in game the mind can race. 1 on 1 with a keeper, I'd over think, end up too close and hit it straight at them. A stray ball where a quick snap-shot is on and I'd properly test the keeper/score. 

We need to give him another season, regardless of division, he's jumped up to a league in huge quality to what he's used to and has actually performed/scored against most of the top sides. At £8m he's far from the disaster he's sometimes lauded as. 

As ever in football, there is a middle ground, it's not just a case of good/shit. There's inconsistency and that consistency can only come with more time and exposure to the level they find themselves. 

The guy is frustrating at times but some of the comments over this season have been a disgrace. 

• Like 2

I think wingers look bad when you don't have movement in and around them and in the middle of the park. If guilbert was fit all season our wingers would have way better productivity. What we need in the summer is 2 work horse midfielders who we can can start and bring the other off the bench. They would provide short passing outlets and allow our wingers more space and freedom. Whenever we create something from open play it is always because Luiz or hourihane has moved out wide and had some nice interplay with our wingers. 

I’d seen enough of him this season to believe there’s a player there, for me he’s a bit of a goal poacher, bring him on last 20 minutes and get you a goal. Reminds me a bit of Tim Cahill, orthodox but pops up in the right places to get those goals. He’s a good squad player in PL, but limited in what he can bring at this point. Maybe another season in PL he will progress?

Â