Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Will be happy if we get one more good game out of him then wave him off to Süper Lig. If we stay up and he was to stay I'd be very disapointed if he was starting games next season. Just not good enough if we want to progress.

Works hard, gets the basics wrong, unorthodox but often finds him self doing extraordinary things. Has clearly struggled to settle, is a remarkably nervous looking man but my god, he has scored some important goals for us this year. 

He’s like that pitcher on Moneyball: awful style, looks comical, but gets things done. 

Comments on how Trez improves when supported by Elmo’s communication or Guilbert’s attacking guile are spot on. Put Konsa behind him and he’s lost. 

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

Marcus Allback circa 2002-03.

Can anyone do a quick summary of what Allback did? I was thinking about that relegation fight the other day, but my memories are vague as I was in Australia. I remember him getting a few goals though.

EDIT: I just had a look at the season's wikipedia. I remember now.

Edited by Rolta

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Is he actually terrible though? Everyone seems to be a bit hyperbolic when it comes to this guy. I’m not sure you can be terrible and score as many as he has in his first PL season.

He wasn't terrible last night.

But for the majority of this season yes he has been terrible.

You can't fault him for last night though. He's dragged us through

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm starting to think he may well be best suited in the striker role. Far more clinical than samatta or Davis. Pretty direct most the time.. I think its possibly where he would shine most tbh.

His work rate in the wide position defensively is good though, and besides some strikers don’t necessarily need to play down the middle

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

Marcus Allback circa 2002-03.

Yes his goals also were vital for us that season as we almost got relegated under Graham Taylor mkII had it not been for his little flurry when it mattered most.

I always hold a silent affection for him for that very reason.

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's agreed a deal with Galatasaray they say...

I thought that was more to do with if the club went down. There’s a player there.

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I thought that was more to do with if the club went down. There’s a player there.

Happening regardless I think.

He wouldn't have stayed if we went down and he doesn't look good enough for this level if we stay up it seems.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Still dont understand why we dont play him front. He looks more a striker than a winger to me

He certainly knows where the net is

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Still dont understand why we dont play him front. He looks more a striker than a winger to me

Yep. It's been obvious all season. Reminds me of a classical striker who gets in front and always are where the ball drops. His touch and technical errors are less obvious there. 

People may joke about him scoring with his nipple or whatever, but the ability to do just that and get those ugly goals is pretty important. Big goal scorers don't always score pretty ones. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Only reason i think smith is hesitant to play him up top is that he ismt very good in the air so against a big cb he will isolated so hoof balls in the box wont be any good.

But samatta has been so poor he adds nothing.

Â