Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

I absolutely disagree. He has limited abilities but he ran, chased and harried non-stop all day.l and no one was happier than him at the final whistle

Put a good cross in first half he was also competent with the ball at his feet, he has simplified his game durning the last few games trying less risky things which has resulted in him not running into trouble constantly. 

This guy deserves a lot of credit, he's worked hard, had to bide his time, took some stick, but he showed real character and ended up playing a really important role in our survival. I'd be happy to see him stay and hopefully continue to improve next season.

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't where this rumour is that he will be leaving. I think he will still be here by September. 

Was apparently a quote from his agent saying he will leave if Villa go back down and think has escalated from that

2 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Just a thought, wasnt Salah just as bad when he first came in at Chelsea and why they sold him?

Yes, so was Adama and Guye and Verretout and Amavi and Ayew heck 4 years ago Grealish was a “luxury” player one many wanted to leave , you get no time to find your feet at villa the empty stadium has been a blessing 

• Like 1

He's improved, but I still think he isn't good enough.  His position on the wing is the first one we need to spend big and strengthen this summer.

• Pros
    • Works Hard and always tries his best
    • Tracks back and helps defend
    • Has Pace
  • Cons
    • Poor Decision Making - Tends to make the wrong decision every time he dwells on the ball
    • Not a great dribbler - used speed to get by opponents before coming to Villa, can't do that in the Premier League anymore
    • Inconsistency - Barring these past 4 games, he's been poor all season

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I just a saw a picture ranking the top 10 quickest players in the PL this season, showing their top speed they managed to achieve and when they managed to achieve it. Apparently Trezeguet is number 4 on the list with a top speed of 23.6 MPH when we played Liverpool at home. Would never have guessed it.

Nah can’t be true, the detectives on VillaTalk say he’s slow.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's improved, but I still think he isn't good enough.  His position on the wing is the first one we need to spend big and strengthen this summer.

• Pros
    • Works Hard and always tries his best
    • Tracks back and helps defend
    • Has Pace
  • Cons
    • Poor Decision Making - Tends to make the wrong decision every time he dwells on the ball
    • Not a great dribbler - used speed to get by opponents before coming to Villa, can't do that in the Premier League anymore
    • Inconsistency - Barring these past 4 games, he's been poor all season

I think his biggest pro was he had the balls to want to get on the ball, look he didnt do much with it but he showed character at time when others had lost confidence. Also his finishing is quite good and he scores in the big moments

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Nah can’t be true, the detectives on VillaTalk say he’s slow.

Top speed and acceleration are different things. I'm stunned that he might have reached the fourth fastest speed in the league. I don't believe it, but if it's true, he still has no acceleration and he can't get past a man to save his life.

He scored some important goals, and I am grateful, and I think he's become a bit of a legend in his own way, which I like. But if we had players better than Trezeguet in his position we wouldn't have been battling relegation in the first place. I like his work rate, but on the ball he isn't good enough.

Respect for the goals though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We need to be careful of letting too many players go as then we will have to buy another 9/10 players. I'd keep him and El Ghazi as backup. 

Exactly. Not only that but he has obviously improved. Give the lad a chance. 

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We need to be careful of letting too many players go as then we will have to buy another 9/10 players. I'd keep him and El Ghazi as backup. 

I am expecting us to see to around 12 or so players leave us.

Which is not too bad providing they are replaced with better quality to compliment the foundations of the team that is left.

Personally I'd still get rid, for sure his work rate and goals have helped keep us up but there is no room in the Premier League for sentiment. First goal of this season is to improve the quality in the squad and Trez is near the top of the list for lowest quality players we have. Jota is obviously below him in the list and needs to go also. 

If it is me and what I expect will happen is that Jota and one of Trez/El Ghazi will go and we then buy two first choice wingers/wide attackers. 

Main thing I keep thinking about Trez is that we could sell him and get Fraser for free (obviously on higher wages) and be better overall without having spent a penny. Not saying we should do that because I'd agree with questions over Frasers character but just an example of the options out there to improve us. 

Â