Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Did I miss something? Is he close to being sold?

One of the galartasary strikers who trezeguet is friends with put pics on insta a few weeks back saying he's looking forward to playing with trezeguet again next season, or words to that effect

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

As long as he continues to improve he might be a valuable member of the squad. He’s not exactly “aesthetically appealing” in his style, less so than El Ghazi. But, he has arguably been much more effective than Anwar within a shorter space of time and possesses a much better attitude & personality.

Is he improving though? Sure he scored crucial goals in 2 of the last 4 games, but do we know this is an actual improvement rather than a streak of form? 

I thought he was very poor against Everton and west ham, so his overall play hasn't improved, has it?

Sure, his goals more than made up for it, but is that goalscoring Form sustainable? And if not, does he offer enough? 

I'm inclined (f the blues!) to say no and I feel we should move him on, if not this summer, then the next, if we don't want to make too many changes to the squad 

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Is he improving though? Sure he scored crucial goals in 2 of the last 4 games, but do we know this is an actual improvement rather than a streak of form? 

I thought he was very poor against Everton and west ham, so his overall play hasn't improved, has it?

Sure, his goals more than made up for it, but is that goalscoring Form sustainable? And if not, does he offer enough? 

I'm inclined (f the blues!) to say no and I feel we should move him on, if not this summer, then the next, if we don't want to make too many changes to the squad 

He's a poor player despite his very important goals during the run in. I think he's off to Turkey by all accounts, he seems the sort that needs to feel the love and he's never going to get it from Villa fans.

As lightweight as AEG is he's the better player and I'd rather him around than Trez.

• Like 3

I would keep both as back up wide players and bring in another. It might up there game with genuine competition 

For all his faults Trezeguet can sniff out a goal like a budget Thomas Muller. Its a valuable asset, just pity reat of his game isnt lime Muller 😂

On 28/07/2020 at 10:30, skarroki said:

Shame he's going back to the Turkish league as I think there was a chance he could have kicked on next season, and he definitely bought a bit of patience from the fans with his goals at the end of this season.

But hopefully this means we have a replacement lined up 

Why does it annoy me so much when people talk about rumours as if they are hard facts. If I was to talk about this up on a soap box I'd start with something like, 'Why have we not learnt from our experiences? We've been shown this for years, every window, every year. Twitter is not news! In fact the football rumours in newspapers is (mostly) not news!'

9 hours ago, skarroki said:

One of the galartasary strikers who trezeguet is friends with put pics on insta a few weeks back saying he's looking forward to playing with trezeguet again next season, or words to that effect

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Why does it annoy me so much when people talk about rumours as if they are hard facts. If I was to talk about this up on a soap box I'd start with something like, 'Why have we not learnt from our experiences? We've been shown this for years, every window, every year. Twitter is not news! In fact the football rumours in newspapers is (mostly) not news!'

It wasn't Twitter it was a friend of his saying he's looking forward to playing together again. I would imagine another footballer wouldn't say that kind of thing without being confident it was in place and would happen. 

I could well have misplaced my trust in that source though so I guess we'll have to wait and see. I would like him to stay personally, think he'll kick on next season if he sticks around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Pretty sure Smith and the club would agree with you.

I have a feeling that AEG is seen as being a bit of a bottle job.

He is a bottle job but a better footballer than trez, if he was just a bit of a better finisher and not such a fanny he could be a fan favourite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I'd be delighted to see them both leave. 

This season is going to be brutal we can't just offload anyone we consider poor, we have 6 ish weeks to get ready for next season. We need two decent wide players we all know that, if we get rid of trez and AEG we need four wide players just not going to happen.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, skarroki said:

Ahh ok I didn’t hear that! Thanks.

I'm amazed people are talking about selling players. We probably need to keep all of the current squad, and add to it. Only sell if we get very good offers for players, and are in a position to reinvest that money in quality in time for the start of 2020/21.

• Like 2

Â