Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Credit to him he’s scored some important goals for us this season, I feel like El Ghazi is the better player but Trez actually came up with some goals for us, the sum of both their parts would be a great player but not sure either of them is premier league quality, squad players at best for me.

• Like 1

He is way too inconsistent for me. His work rate is good but he is either very good or very poor.

Maybe with a good pre season he might be even better.

By the way guys when is the next ACON? We will lose quite a few players for it wont we?

I guess this is one of those that we'd be happy to keep as long as he's not the first choice each time, but we might get some decent offers to consider. Happy either way, as long as we sign a better winger in the summer which is one of our highest priorities. He's not good enough for where we want to be but has a weird knack of scoring. Either way, well done Trez!

• Like 2

If he's going to leave next season I'd be happy with that, realistically he's not good enough to be in a premier league starting XI. If he's going to stay and be a part of the squad and try to get us a few goals next season too I'd also be ok with that, I think he'd be an ok squad player.

Whatever happens, thanks for the goals, Trez.

• Like 2

If he's going we should be in position to get good money for him. Coming fresh from scoring several season-defining goals, that's easy to market.

Here's to the scouts only looking at the goals...

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

His body language was oddly really negative yesterday and he was mostly invisible after a run of impressive performances. 

I absolutely disagree. He has limited abilities but he ran, chased and harried non-stop all day.l and no one was happier than him at the final whistle

• Like 2

In an ideal world you would move him on but new season in a month. Not a lot of time to make the changes required and I feel strikeforce is the main one where we need to get bodies. Keep him in the squad. Add quality. Will move on in 6-12 months. Just nowhere near the level.

I think trez has improved, gradually throughout the season whereas El Ghazi hasn’t really kicked on at all from last season in my opinion.

What you don’t see or recognise sometimes too is Trez’s workrate, off the ball and defensively again yesterday he was immense.

You don’t get that from el ghazi, hence the Everton equaliser.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Would rather keep Trez as a squad filler than Ghazi, but ideally neither will be starters in September. 

Was about to say.

Whats frustrating is that even though El Ghazi possesses more natural "quality", Trez is just way more "up for it" and hardworking IMO.

Plus obviously, has the knack of HUGE goals.

Anwars body language just hasn't been right to me for a while.

I just a saw a picture ranking the top 10 quickest players in the PL this season, showing their top speed they managed to achieve and when they managed to achieve it. Apparently Trezeguet is number 4 on the list with a top speed of 23.6 MPH when we played Liverpool at home. Would never have guessed it.

Â