Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Going to Galatasaray 

Is this one of those posts where you just quoted something from some guy on twitter who is also doing the same thing? Like modern Chinese whispers.

Or do you actually know something?

I mean if I knew something I'd probably give a bit more context than this, so I'm going to guess it's based on not a lot.

Edited by Rolta

Look credit where its due, he is far from the most talented player to play for Villa but he stood up and got vital goals in the league and the cup. If he stays or goes I dont think people will have any negativity towards him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Is this one of those posts where you just quoted something from some guy on twitter who is also doing the same thing? Like modern Chinese whispers.

Or do you actually know something?

I mean if I knew something I'd probably give a bit more context than this, so I'm going to guess it's based on not a lot.

One of the galatasaray players posted a picture of trezeguet in a mocked up galatasaray shirt with welcome brother next year on the post 

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't get that impression at seems very humble bloke to me.

Not fussed either way tbh. His goals kept us up - but he has looked miles out of depth at times.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Does he? 
I don’t get that impression of him at all. I think he comes across as very humbled and hard working. Happy to do the graft for the team. 
El Ghazi on the other hand, I’d agree that he wants to be star player

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah just seen his comments to bein sports, tough season because he doesnt always play

Again stuff like that it's hard to criticise him, if it is galatasaray they're a big club, that's CL chasing, if he plays there every week it's hard to begrudge him 

It was not meant in a particular negative way. I think he just believes he should be playing week in week out and be the focal point of a team. I think his status in Egypt skews his perception. My thoughts are attributed to a few interviews, on pitch display, reaction to substitutions and just a 'feeling'. He works extremely hard, has good timing and instinct. But play's like an individual with limited football intelligence. I would be happy if he remained within the squad as part of a complement of wingers but I just think he will push for an opportunity like Galatasaray (big muslim fan base, opportunity to be focal point and return them to former days).

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

He deserves no criticism at all. His goals have kept us up make no mistake about that. Also he runs his socks off his effort is there for all too see, he may not be the best player to ever pull on a Villa shirt but his effort is great and I will never knock him for that. He’s still young on top of that in his first season with us, in England and the premier league. Guy deserves a break.

I respectfully disagree. You praise players for their achievements and you criticism them for their mistakes, and based on both you draw your conclusions. He has been mostly utter rubbish all season. But he also scored some of the biggest goals of the season. 

I am extremely thankful for his contribution and the effort and application he visibly puts into every game, but at the same time I would rather see better players at villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

He deserves no criticism at all. His goals have kept us up make no mistake about that. Also he runs his socks off his effort is there for all too see, he may not be the best player to ever pull on a Villa shirt but his effort is great and I will never knock him for that. He’s still young on top of that in his first season with us, in England and the premier league. Guy deserves a break.

I respectfully disagree. You praise players for their achievements and you criticism them for their mistakes, and based on both you draw your conclusions. He has been mostly utter rubbish all season. But he also scored some of the biggest goals of the season. 

I am extremely thankful for his contribution and the effort and application he visibly puts into every game, but at the same time I would rather see better players at villa.

Happy that he picked up. Can't fault his effort and his goals have been absolutely vital.

But he's poor at this level. If we have offers for him then I'd sell him.

One of the most crucial areas of the squad to strengthen next season

Just now, Stevo985 said:

But he's poor at this level

I think he's probably our top scorer per minute played.

7 goals from the wing. How many players outside the Top 7 can claim that?

Serious question.

Just now, Enda said:

Serious question.

Harry Wilson, for one.

But I get your point.  If you look for players with 10 league goals, which Jack has managed, they're slim pickings outside the big-hitters.

If Wesley didn't get injured I think Trezeguet could have got the majical 10 goals mark. 10 goals a season for a winger I think is a realistic return for him and a good challenge for next season. Trezeguet can achieve this.

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Serious question.

I have no idea.

And I know it's a weird situation, because he seems to have one serious attribute which is scoring crucial goals. Which is a big one!

But I think at times this season our biggest downfall has been our absolute paralysis in attack. And he has been key to that. He's been absolutely dreadful for large chunks of the season. Our biggest problem is we play with big strikers who need service and we have dreadful wingers who can't provide it.

I guess the question is how highly to you value those goals? Would replacing him with a competent winger provide more goals (not necessarily directly) than having Trezeguet in the side?

My view is a better winger might score less goals than trezeguet, but the team would score far more.

I think we are in a great situation to be honest. We don’t need to sell him, we can probably improve the position and keep him as a useful squad member, but it’s hardly like Grealish or Douglas where we will be gutted to lose him - so the club can see what offers we get and see who we can bring in and go from there. Seems like a good bloke and Smith was saying today about the challenge of building culture so I wouldn’t actively look to move him on.

If he’s not off already then I’d sell him while his stock is high. His goals of late haven’t gone unnoticed in sky’s commentary, I’m sure a few teams might be tempted. I’m grateful for his effort and his important goals but I don’t think his ceiling is very high. If we can make a profit on him we should sell.

Very good effort and his defensive work has kept him in the team. Turns up at the far stick every now and then with the odd goal but for the life of me I can't remember a single time he took someone on and beat them or put in a real good cross. 

I agree with you both @Stevo985 and @NurembergVillan that Trez has the appearance of a really, really crap footballer. He gets out-muscled and his first touch looks literally worse than mine.

But taking a step back, we've got a chap with no pre-season who has scored (apparently) one PL goal every 325 minutes. That's better than one in four games. Not bad for a punt. Not bad at all.

The 5 sub rule will be here for all of next season.  So we need reserves. Not everyone needs to be starting 11 quality. Ideally we buy another winger/wide forward and Trez can come off the bench. 

Just now, Enda said:

I agree with you both @Stevo985 and @NurembergVillan that Trez has the appearance of a really, really crap footballer. He gets out-muscled and his first touch looks literally worse than mine.

But taking a step back, we've got a chap with no pre-season who has scored (apparently) one PL goal every 325 minutes. That's better than one in four games. Not bad for a punt. Not bad at all.

Nope. and I've said before he's been worth the money for the goals alone because they've been so crucial. He's basically kept us up and got us to a cup final.

I'm not going to be furious if he's kept on and given a chance or anything. But I won't be exactly pleading for him to stay if he is sold

Â