Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Not the mist skilful, but he works so hard for the team. All season has gotten into the right position, but has previously missed. He’s now finding confidence and finishing well. That finish tonight was lovely, struck so well. Well done sir 

You can see why the Egyptian fans love him 

Edited by mikeyp102

I don’t rate him much at all but that’s not to say I don’t like him. 

I have infinitely more respect for him than El Ghazi and I’m happy that someone who puts in so much effort has been the one to score the goals.

Well done, sir. 

• Like 1

He may not be this "all singing" "all dancing" poster-boy for the Premier League or Aston Villa

But he has certainly contributed a lot more than some of our other players this season...

Yes, it might just be a case of being "in the right place at the right time"...

But Trez was in those places at those times...

Got to give him credit...

The thing is, I'd say El Ghazi is definitely the more talented player but there's absolutely no way he scores them goals like Trez has done. No way would El Ghazi have finished like that tonight, I probably wouldn't have fancied him to be in such good positions for the Palace goals and you just know as well that if that chance against Everton fell to Trez it's going in. 

He really is just such a bizarre player. 

• Like 1

I've been guilty of slating him more than anyone. Well done tonight though Trez. Superb!

I actually rewatched some of his Turkey highlights earlier today to try and see what we saw in him. I've said many times he doesn't have a footballing brain, but in those highlights, he does have one, and a hell of a lot of skill as well.

So it's likely the PL has just been a step too far for him, at least so far.

Keep going for Sunday!

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

I've been guilty of slating him more than anyone. Well done tonight though Trez. Superb!

I actually rewatched some of his Turkey highlights earlier today to try and see what we saw in him. I've said many times he doesn't have a footballing brain, but in those highlights, he does have one, and a hell of a lot of skill as well.

So it's likely the PL has just been a step too far for him, at least so far.

Keep going for Sunday!

and that may be so... but he has at least given it a bloody good go... scored a few goals... and tonight? Given us some hope of staying up...

He has done all he can, as far as I am concerned...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I was really pleased when he stood over their late free kick for ages, somehow didn’t get booked but totally stopped the quick free kick while we reset. Finally some smart game management from our players!

Yeah, thought we played like a well drilled top team, ie foul where you have to, obstruct where you have to. Looks like they have finally learnt something. Just prey we can finish the job on Sunday.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

He has a slightly better scoring record in the Premier League than in Turkey.

We need to sign some of them solid Turkish league defenders 😉

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Is he a striker?

I'm starting to think he may well be best suited in the striker role. Far more clinical than samatta or Davis. Pretty direct most the time.. I think its possibly where he would shine most tbh.

• Like 1

Hoping he's just struggling with the pace of the league and he'll have a Luiz-esque renaissance of sorts because I'm struggling reconcile how someone as bad as he's looked could finish the way he does. It makes no sense.

• Like 1

I have been very critical of him and I think fairly so, I believe he is very limited as a football player and he has put out some atrocious performances. 

But if he wins games for us like this he can start every week. 

He is one of the main reasons we have a chance of staying up after it seemed like we were done. Good job Trez! 

Â