Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Reports just now we have agreed a 11m € fee for him. I have absolutely  no idea how good or bad he is.

Trezeguet developments

According to Turkish news outlet Takvim, Kasimpasa are happy with Villa’s £10million offer for Egyptian winger Trezeguet. Smith and sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch recently jetted out to Egypt to check out Trezeguet in the Africa Cup of Nations.

Villa are chasing at least one new winger with Trezeguet and Brentford’s Said Benrahma Smith’s preferred targets. Trezeguet is thought to be considerably cheaper than Benrahma, though.

JS155146252.jpg

Aston Villa are set to make an £8million bid for Egypt’s highly-rated striker Mahmoud Trezeguet as their summer spending spree continues

By Graeme Bryce

DEAN SMITH wants Egypt’s highly-rated winger Mahmoud Trezeguet to bolster his Aston Villa attack.

The Egyptian could be on his way to Villa Park in an £8million deal.

However SunSport can reveal Smith has turned his attention to another North African raider, with Egypt’s Mahmoud Trezeguet now top of his wish-list after impressing Villa scouts at the African Cup of Nations.

Trezeguet picked up the nickname, aged nine, because his coach thought the high-scoring youngster bore a striking resemblance to the former Monaco and Juventus scoring legend, who struck gold at the 1998 world cup with France.

Nowadays Mahmoud operates as a winger for Turkish side Kasimpasa, where he scored nine goals in 29 league games last season to attract serious interest from Galatasaray, Italian giants Inter Milan and Slavia Prague.

However it is his form at the AFCON Cup with Mo Salah’s Pharaohs which has alerted Smith after the experienced 24-year-old impressed for the tournament hosts.

Trezeguet made an instant impression, grabbing the only goal of the game in Egypt’s opening day win over Zimbabwe.

Since then he has helped Egypt cruise through to the last 16, finishing top of Group A with a 100% record.

Trezeguet also has a useful ally in Villa’s Egyptian full-back Ahmed Elmohamady who has been urging Smith to take a look at his talented international teammate for some time now.

Villa will follow up that glowing recommendation by having their representatives in Cairo on Saturday to watch the 41-times-capped winger in action during Egypt’s first knockout round tie.

Trezeguet has previously played for Anderlecht and Mouscron in Belgium but never settled there, due to his inability to master the language.

However he has matured since his move to Turkey and has gained huge experience, appearing in all three of Egypt’s world cup group games in Russia last summer.

Villa will assess Trezeguet this weekend and Smith could bid shortly afterwards with a £8million offer being lined up.

Here.

I have seen we have apparantly launched a bid too, will post once I find it.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Heard mixed reviews any one know what type of player he is?

hes a fairly speedy, direct wide man, who likes to cut inside.

He appears fairly skillful at going past players and providing decent balls in.

However, if you watch a few of his vids, some of his "skills" look a bit like something like the cool kids do when you are 12 years old, and i really question whether they would work against Premiership level competition, they appear to work in Turkey, but not sure that means much?

Maybe he could be really good and develop, but im really 50/50 on him tbh.

If DS wants him the fine, i will support it, but on face value im a bit......bleh on him.

on another note, the links to him feel a bit click bait to me.

Edited by MaVilla

No idea about how good he is, but we needed another winger so this is a good thing.

Now I'd like to see another striker and a defender, and obviously a DMC. If we're not buying another CB and Konsa is indeed intended for a first team role, then I hope we can at least sign a defensive utility player. 

Have to say though, I commented earlier in June that I thought we were slacking on signings and it worried me, but the club deserves praise for getting in the majority of new faces before the pre-season begins. This was essential. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

For those that haven't seen anything of him already, this is his highlights from last season...

It's so difficult to read much from it because the level of defending he's up against is in the main awful, certainly has some pace and a decent delivery.

Must say this is the first player we've been linked with strongly that I'm just not sold on, I can't really put my finger on why, happy to be proved wrong of course!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Is his surname sarcastic?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d270b975758664932

Well, its literally not his name :)

his actual name is Mahmoud Hassan.

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Described earlier on here as a raw talent I think, so very definitely a punt. 

Well he's 24, 25 in October, not sure a player that old can reasonably be described as a raw talent.....He's not 19.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I just can't help but think back to the first video we saw of Tonev.....

We have a vastly superior coaching team now. 

12 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I just can't help but think back to the first video we saw of Tonev.....

Tonev's YouTube compilation guff was miles better than that. Nothing in there at all that makes him look PL ready.

Luckily it is a YouTube compilation guff so doesn't say much about him as a player.

Â