Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Be interesting to see how he reacts when Gerrard is sacked, which I think is only a matter of time. Hopefully we have enough of a core group of South Americans here that he is happy and not looking straight for the exit.

Hopefully he will leave with him and we save the 120k a week.

The £17m we can already write off.

I think it showed with Buendia being ineffective yesterday that it isn't necessary Coutinho playing poor, its just the weak midfield behind him (and Emi)

We need that number 8. 

Coutinho’s still got some magic and you have to look at this as a profile signing. When you look at it like that it makes sense.

He’s still a consummate professional. Would you rather our youngsters kick it with Couts or Trezeguet? 

Pouring on the hyperbole. Jesus. I mean, a new coronavirus variant isn't even a "nightmare." Vlad Putin's assassins are perhaps a "nightmare." Phil Coutinho may be disappointing this campaign, but get a grip. But I fell for the clickbait, so ... 

"Chris Sutton claims the signing of Philippe Coutinho has been a "nightmare" for Aston Villa head coach Steven Gerrard following a disappointing start to the season." 

• Haha 1

I thought he played well in the second half, he was better than Buendia, he was better than Ings and Bailey goal aside as well.

Pretty poor in the first half but so was everyone else.

• Like 2

I thought he did fine tonight, if most of his performances are a 6 then tonight was a 7. 

Although we are struggling at least we’ve got a squad with competition for places. Buendia is clearly ahead of him right now and that’s fine. Whether manager sees it the same is debatable. 

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Moments in the 2nd half. I'm still not sure we are a better team with him on the pitch.

You can tell he still somewhat " has it ".

However it just appears he no longer has the hunger.

One of the pods did say they felt this was the difference between him and EMI for example.

I.E he's played at the top, won trophies etc, and now he doesn't find it easy to have that " hunger " anymore.

That driving and determined Phil might not be there anymore?

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You can tell he still somewhat " has it ".

However it just appears he no longer has the hunger.

One of the pods did say they felt this was the difference between him and EMI for example.

I.E he's played at the top, won trophies etc, and now he doesn't find it easy to have that " hunger " anymore.

That driving and determined Phil might not be there anymore?

I think 'hunger' is the key word here. I read an interview with a guy called Mark English who won a bronze in the 800m last weekend in which he said he was able to hang for the medal because he was still hungry for success. He said that many rivals/fellow athletes found it difficult to maintain that hunger when they got to his age. He's 29. Perhaps Coutinho just can't muster the same motivation as before. 

Â