Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Most of the other managers are equally as useless. 

No.Most of the other managers know what they are doing but are not very good at it.With us though Sg has not got a clue what he is doing.

How many other managers would keep Buendia,Bailey on the bench and fall out with  a very popular captain ?

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

In the current ( SG system ) all the players are useless.How the #@%& did he go a season unbeaten in the SPL ?

Because it is a pub league with only 2 average sides. One of which was managed by a raging alcoholic that year.

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The first time one of his long shots goes in and he is absolutely robbed by farcical officiating. What a finish and what a joke! 

that was a joke, was 100% not offside.

The only thing i would say, is the whistle went and i wonder if the keeper half went for it, and might have got to it if the whistle wasnt blown.

regardless, good shot.

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought he looked good when he came on. Better phil

Formed a good understanding with JJ when he first arrived. If we can recapture that, he'll look a lot more effective. 

Luiz, Kamara, JJ, Phil / Emi, Bailey is a good setup.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2022 at 00:02, PussEKatt said:

No.Most of the other managers know what they are doing but are not very good at it.With us though Sg has not got a clue what he is doing.

How many other managers would keep Buendia,Bailey on the bench and fall out with  a very popular captain ?

Off topic, I know - but Gerrard was a huge admirer of Houllier.

I found this in Carragher's autobiography online:

"Ince was the unwitting victim of the most brutal exhibition of management I have seen at Anfield," he says. Liverpool were leading an FA Cup fourth-round tie at Old Trafford 1-0 but, after Ince limped off, United fought back to win 2-1.

"There was a team meeting a week later, and Ince decided, as club captain, it was time to take Houllier on. He questioned training methods and the response was furiously impressive.

"Fixing Ince with a stare, Houllier asked: 'Since the day I arrived, how many five-a-sides have you won? I'll tell you - four in six months.'

"Ince was bewildered, as we all were, by Houllier's memory and grasp of detail, and it didn't end there. 'Now perhaps you can explain to the lads what happened to you against United. When my team are 1-0 up at Old Trafford in a cup tie, I don't expect my captain to limp off with an injury. If he has to come off, I expect it to be on a stretcher.'

This may explain the way he has treated Mings

Back on Topic - Coutinho looked good today, though he didn't have a lot of the ball. I believe in this sort of game it was the right decision to drop him to the bench.

• Like 2

Probably against popular opinion but I really think he is pretty much done at this level in regards to the physicality required. 
His legs have gone and he has no ability to chase, harry or close down as much as is needed. Technically he is still capable but it really is like playing with 10 men. We cannot carry a player like that in our team - we need all 11 to have energy. If you can play PC as a roaming 10 with zero defensive responsibility that would be fine….we are not that team. 
For me, EB every time. As Gerrard said, adrenaline alone got Phil through the first few games then he dropped off a cliff. Now after a full preseason nothing has changed. An average squad player if that - never a starter. Sorry Phil but your the right player at completely the wrong time. 

I imagine if we continue on current form there will be a fair few of our players who will be bypassed for the WC. Might not be great for player morale.

Players obviously not blameless in this.

Â