Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Was/Is at his best when he has people running around him.  Ramsey last year got on the end of two, honestly wonderful passes which he put away really well.

We haven't seen that Ramsey for a while this season and McGinn doesn't play like that.

We need to get Bailey involved as his pace and movement will make space for him to thrive.  I'd put him and Buendia behind Ings/Watkins as a sole striker because it's a mix of technique and pace. 

I don't think we'll see it though. 

But as his peak at Liverpool, he had an energiser bunny in Suarez belting around him.  Watkins and Ings play as "selfish" number 9s.. They won't chase lanes down, they want to occupy the same space as Coutinho does.

He's a wonderful footballer and I hope we can see the best of him.  He's only 30, it's not all over for him.

• Like 1

Think he would benefit greatly from a more curated role. Too easily marked out of games based on the formation and opponents we play.

Truly needs space to play because he's just a passenger without the ball if the other team is holding it away from us, but then it gets too physical for him against the low blocks that just set up against us.

Game needs to be more open like the Leeds x2 games or his cameo against United in the cup last year.

Certainly not the nailed on starter that Gerrard thinks he is, but has a role to play and can bring the wild card factor in certain games.

• Like 1

His reputation and early form raised expectations, and that is the main problem.

Disappointment brings out the churl in all of us.

He is one of the few players who can retain possession, which is very important for the team, but his end-product has been disappointing, which stays in the memory longer than the good stuff he does.

His passing has been patchy, his long-range shooting has been frustating at best, and as seen against Bolton, his free-kicks have been poor.

Obviously a technically gifted player but has yet to find the spark we hoped would be reignited in a less pressurised environment away from Barcelona.

While he is seen as Villa's main creative source, teams will crowd him out, and so other players will need to step up, in that department.

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

His reputation and early form raised expectations, and that is the main problem.

Disappointment brings out the churl in all of us.

He is one of the few players who can retain possession, which is very important for the team, but his end-product has been disappointing, which stays in the memory longer than the good stuff he does.

His passing has been patchy, his long-range shooting has been frustating at best, and as seen against Bolton, his free-kicks have been poor.

Obviously a technically gifted player but has yet to find the spark we hoped would be reignited in a less pressurised environment away from Barcelona.

While he is seen as Villa's main creative source, teams will crowd him out, and so other players will need to step up, in that department.

Agree with this. Spot on with this summary.

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3ad499625a2538905e38e65739fb95f7.jpeg

😬 I think this might be a bad thing?

I don’t think it is to be honest, can’t work out what it is but I’m assuming it’s some expensive new recovery method. If he was on that 02 mask for health issues you’d be really worried, wouldn’t be football related 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t think it is to be honest, can’t work out what it is but I’m assuming it’s some expensive new recovery method. If he was on that 02 mask for health issues you’d be really worried, wouldn’t be football related 

Ah, I’d assumed the worst, but maybe it won’t be too bad.

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3ad499625a2538905e38e65739fb95f7.jpeg

😬 I think this might be a bad thing?

not that i know, but could that be one of those oxygen type tents to improve recovery and improve oxygen saturation in the body?

Or it could be something else ofc....

• Like 1

Â