Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looks like he's been playing quite regularly in Saudi. 

Maybe we will get an offer if anyone wants a big name. 

His book value is about £8m now and you can subtract whatever loan fee we got from that. 

With a bit of luck and a fair wind we might even get a FFP profit and his wages off the books.  Qatar or MLS? 

Another year in Saudi won't harm us either. 

He is on loan to a club in Qatar...not Saudi 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He is on loan to a club in Qatar...not Saudi 😉

OK, sorry. Swap that around. 😂

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looks like he's been playing quite regularly in Saudi. 

Maybe we will get an offer if anyone wants a big name. 

His book value is about £8m now and you can subtract whatever loan fee we got from that. 

With a bit of luck and a fair wind we might even get a FFP profit and his wages off the books.  Qatar or MLS? 

Another year in Saudi won't harm us either. 

Do his club know he's  been playing in Saudi? Can't see them being too happy about it

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Do his club know he's  been playing in Saudi? Can't see them being too happy about it

xena-xena-warrior-princess.gif

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

xena-xena-warrior-princess.gif

But maybe his moonlighting is why it looks like his legs have gone, he's just knackered all the time.

And then you start to think,  is it just two leagues? Or is it one for each day of the week? Slight Craig David vibes (though to give him his due, David was at least monogamous within the period of a week, and did take Sunday off).

• Sad 1

Yep four  deal was a bit ridiculous, Digne got the same aswell I think?

Did he have that long left at Barca as very generous to give him that given his age and the declining performances while he was on loan.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep four  deal was a bit ridiculous, Digne got the same aswell I think?

Did he have that long left at Barca as very generous to give him that given his age and the declining performances while he was on loan.

his contract at Barcelona would have expired in 2023

a dreadful deal led by the Liverpool version of the Chuckle Brothers 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It sounds worse than it is. Wages have been covered for this season and next by the Qatar club. We just have to sell him after that or loan him out again for the remaining 12 months.

Where was this reported? I can only see that it was a season-long loan deal. 

16 minutes ago, RichW said:

Where was this reported? I can only see that it was a season-long loan deal. 

I think they have the option to extend for another year. At the time it was being reported a 2 year loan was being agreed. 

47 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think they have the option to extend for another year. At the time it was being reported a 2 year loan was being agreed. 

I've just had a good look around and can't find any article mentioning an option for another year/2 year loan deal. 

I'm going to assume he will be back with us in the summer and we will try and offload him to MLS (Inter Miami) or Saudi Arabia. 

19 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

But maybe his moonlighting is why it looks like his legs have gone, he's just knackered all the time.

And then you start to think,  is it just two leagues? Or is it one for each day of the week? Slight Craig David vibes (though to give him his due, David was at least monogamous within the period of a week, and did take Sunday off).

I don't think Phil needs to do a side hussle. 

21 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It sounds worse than it is. Wages have been covered for this season and next by the Qatar club. We just have to sell him after that or loan him out again for the remaining 12 months.

I doubt full wages have been covered. Maybe like 75% of wages, or maybe 50% of wages and a loan fee. 

We also don't know if the second year is an 'option' for the Qatari club to choose to activate. Nowhere was it reported as a fixed 2 year loan deal.

Coutinho like Gerrard managed to trick people weekly that he was about to turn the corner and threads after his cameos were crazy. He was finished when he signed and he was the outfield version of Olsen but had a bizarre amount of credit in the bank

One of the worst signings we ever made

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho like Gerrard managed to trick people weekly that he was about to turn the corner and threads after his cameos were crazy. He was finished when he signed and he was the outfield version of Olsen but had a bizarre amount of credit in the bank

One of the worst signings we ever made

Completely unfair. Olsen was a much better option in attacking midfield.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â