Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

5 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Are you drunk ?

Not at all we've had tons of the ball crying out for that attacking player to make use of it and create in the final third and he's done nothing. Incapable of playing a through ball or defence splitting pass or beating a man.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Not at all we've had tons of the ball crying out for that attacking player to make use of it and create in the final third and he's done nothing. Incapable of playing a through ball or defence splitting pass or beating a man.

How about the ball to Ings?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He's beaten a man more than once today - as for defence splitting passes, it's kind of hard when you've got 2 statues playing in front of you. I'm not a massive Coutinho fan but give the kid a break, at least he's trying to make something happen...

I am not too worried here about Coutinho himself (beyond wanting Buendia on the field more). He looked class when he arrived. Obviously he’s looked poor after a few weeks of being coached by Gerrard but so has everyone else. But you have to hope his upside is significant if we get a real manager in. 

When that new manager comes in I’m sure they’ll play 4-5-1 and I think he’ll be much better in that three behind the striker with Buendia and Bailey. If not… it was always a gamble.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Really odd game to start bashing Coutinho. He's not been incredible but he's been our best player.

Really? Looks the shadow of the player who first arrived here right now to me. 

Seems to lose the ball at his feet quite regularly for some reason at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? Looks the shadow of the player who first arrived here right now to me. 

Seems to lose the ball at his feet quite regularly for some reason at the moment. 

what has he got to work with though literally no movement or options the only option is to pass it wide to Dinge.

So many excuses rolled out for him, but considering he's supposed to be a next-level world-superstar signing you'd think he'd be able to find two midtable PL strikers with a few passes into dangerous positions.

Not a player we needed. Not a good signing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

what has he got to work with though literally no movement or options the only option is to pass it wide to Dinge.

This.

He grabs the ball deep, turns his man and looks up to see both Ings and Watkins standing still and marked. What's he supposed to do?

10 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

This.

He grabs the ball deep, turns his man and looks up to see both Ings and Watkins standing still and marked. What's he supposed to do?

Pass the ball and move? Emi does it. Your man either plays a dead ball over the top or pass it wide and then lumbers around the pitch with his head bowed like it is a chore. Ings and Watkins were willing runners today they get in the channel a plenty and we're on their own. Coutinho two miles away trying to shift his arse to break into a jog.

Run at people play one twos drag people out of position commit people run with the ball literally all the high risk stuff a player in that position is allowed 

Trots around the pitch for an hour a million miles off the pace and its everyone else fault.

The amount of excuses made for this guy is unreal.

Edited by rodders0223

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pass the ball and move? Emi does it. Your man either plays a dead ball over the top or pass it wide and then lumbers around the pitch with his head bowed like it is a chore. Ings and Watkins were willing runners today they get in the channel a plenty and we're on their own. Coutinho two miles away trying to shift his arse to break into a jog.

Run at people play one twos drag people out of position commit people run with the ball literally all the high risk stuff a player in that position is allowed 

Trots around the pitch for an hour a million miles off the pace and its everyone else fault.

The amount of excuses made for this guy is unreal.

You completely misunderstand me: I much prefer Buendia.

But Buendia often finds the same problems. We don't have a lot of movement up front, nor people making supporting runs from midfield.

• Like 1

Â