Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Completely agree that Buendía should be starting. 

Completely agree that Coutinho isn't performing.

But again this talk as if he's just not good enough or it's a joke that he's in the team 😂 He's an incredible player but Gerrard needs to find a way of making it work!(And I do agree if course that starting him will require a system to work around him, but they knew that when they signed him.)

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Completely agree that Buendía should be starting. 

Completely agree that Coutinho isn't performing.

But again this talk as if he's just not good enough or it's a joke that he's in the team 😂 He's an incredible player but Gerrard needs to find a way of making it work!(And I do agree if course that starting him will require a system to work around him, but they knew that when they signed him.)

He's not an incredible player and his performances ain't on Gerrard this time 

He does nothing. He makes no runs off the ball and he can't get on the ball  he's a luxury and always has been . Never been a 10 or someone who dictates and creates. Just someone who if you're in a great team can bang in some goals.

He's not on a great team and he's an absolute passenger.

• Like 1

It seems like he's not got his mind fully in the game. The desire is maybe not quite there. His movement off the ball sometimes makes it look like he doesn't even want the ball at his feet.

His body language seems pained. Like it's a struggle to muster the required enthusiasm. 

His performance v Man City in May was spectacular. Maybe he's a guy to start versus the Sky 6, but not the "lesser" sides?

I'm not sure why this is a problem, but the immediate answer would appear to be that he needs to be dropped.

7 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

He clearly is an incredible player. I can agree that he's a luxury player to an extent though, but a club at our level should be able to get him involved without relying on him.

On what basis is an incredible player?

Just now, rodders0223 said:

On what basis is an incredible player?

You don’t have to look further than his first few performances. He just needs to be motivated and that is seemingly difficult when he is never dropped by the manager 

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It seems like he's not got his mind fully in the game. The desire is maybe not quite there. His movement off the ball sometimes makes it look like he doesn't even want the ball at his feet.

His body language seems pained. Like it's a struggle to muster the required enthusiasm. 

His performance v Man City in May was spectacular. Maybe he's a guy to start versus the Sky 6, but not the "lesser" sides?

I'm not sure why this is a problem, but the immediate answer would appear to be that he needs to be dropped.

In fairness it's been like this since he signed. The obvious thing to say is he works better when we're on the counter than when we need to break teams down.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Just what you want from him! (This is a joke!)

With Coutinho now I don't really expect anything. He's most commonly anonymous. He has moments for sure but they aren't common, and Buendia is currently by far the better player. 

Tbh I do want this from him - especially if he's not making it happen in attack. A bit of effort goes a long way. 

Â