Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Suarez was the 3rd best player in world football

did he get to number 1 by eating the two in front of him!?!?

Edited by MaVilla

27 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Suarez was the 3rd best player in world football

Yeah but like I said, depends what you define as world class. There could just have just been four or five world class players at that time.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah but like I said, depends what you define as world class. There could just have just been four or five world class players at that time.

Everyone's definition of world class is different. 

I like the idea of two world 11's playing each other. If the player would get into either of those two at the time (i.e the best two in his position in the world) then he is world class :D

At his Liverpool peak, Coutinho was certainly one of the best AM's in world football. He was certainly the best in the Prem. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I like the idea of two world 11's playing each other. If the player would get into either of those two at the time (i.e the best two in his position in the world) then he is world class :D

At his Liverpool peak, Coutinho was certainly one of the best AM's in world football. He was certainly the best in the Prem. 

That's a nice way to define it 👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Jurgen Klopp said he was world class. Same with Bayern’s coach when they signed him. Plenty of professionals considered him world class. Guess we should listen to little ole @Tom13 instead though?

he was though thats the key

He isnt anymore or he wouldnt be playing for Villa

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steero113 said:

was he better than KDB? I dont think so

Coutinho last full season before leaving, KDB got 18 assists to Coutinho 7 and City finished 3rd that season. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho last full season before leaving, KDB got 18 assists to Coutinho 7 and City finished 3rd that season. 

Not directed at you solely but assists are dependent upon the others putting away the chances you create.

Coutinho’s chances created probably fell to players who weren’t  L.Suarez. 

It’d be interesting to see where he was for chances created whilst at Liverscum.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Not directed at you solely but assists are dependent upon the others putting away the chances you create.

Coutinho’s chances created probably fell to players who weren’t  L.Suarez. 

It’d be interesting to see where he was for chances created whilst at Liverscum.

That season in fairness Liverpool had Mane and Firmino up front so is a bit better quality of attacker than Balotelli. Coutinho was top scorer for them 😳

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho's best season at Liverpool certainly wasn't his last. 

EDIT: I've just seen that you put full season. 

Edited by Steero113

32 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Impressed with his off the ball work rate in the first half today - good hassling and pressure. 

Just what you want from him! (This is a joke!)

With Coutinho now I don't really expect anything. He's most commonly anonymous. He has moments for sure but they aren't common, and Buendia is currently by far the better player. 

Edited by Rolta

Not sure what he is offering. We don't seem to create anything while he is on the pitch and he turns over a LOT of possession.

We look so much better with Buendia on. I think Phil needs to ride the bench for a bit.

Â