Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

8 hours ago, tinker said:

It's difficult to judge any player while we are playing like we are.

That’s how I see it really. He might shine under a new manager. He’s been shite but show me one player who hasn’t other than Chambers and Martinez. 

4 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

Like most of the players...lack of movement...options....always receiving the ball.with back towards goal...kills him.

The one time he did go round someone he did trip up which happens.

I sat fours rows from front yesterday and he played on left so I saw him quite close....he looked frustrated there was no options and when he did try something it either didn't pay off or the receiving player messed up.

Not his best day but needs better intelligent players around him

This is it really. How anyone can expect anything from him is beyond me. He shouldn’t be starting right now but equally I don’t think we should write him off until a proper manager has a go with him. 

That's 3 games now..Leeds last season and the last two at home where he's just broke down mid way through the 2nd half in front of the holte and had to come off. At the time the Leeds one you could put down to getting match fit again but it's clear from watching him just in general play that he's physically declined so much and can't do what he used to. He just never looks right to me.

Having listened to the presser it seems he was taken off with cramp so should be fine the midweek. You really have to question why a 29 year old after a full pre season is physically completely shot after 65 minutes of the 4th game of the season which is typically when players are really getting into peak condition. 

Can't help but think we've signed a bit of a dud here 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, weedman said:

Having listened to the presser it seems he was taken off with cramp so should be fine the midweek. You really have to question why a 29 year old after a full pre season is physically completely shot after 65 minutes of the 4th game of the season which is typically when players are really getting into peak condition. 

We have. Bet Barca couldn't believe their luck.

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Pretty sure we were the only interested party hence the low fee. They probably would have took another loan

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

According to a fair few on here, he was an absolute bargain.

Tbf he looked like a bargain, his performances dropped off last season but that's easy to dismiss due to fitness reasons as he'd barely played before coming here, but now several months later his fitness hasn't improved it seems which is a worry

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Tbf he looked like a bargain, his performances dropped off last season but that's easy to dismiss due to fitness reasons as he'd barely played before coming here, but now several months later his fitness hasn't improved it seems which is a worry

We will have to hope that who ever our next manager is that he finds a way to use Coutinho more effectively 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, weedman said:

He's gone off with a knock or cramp several times since he's been here only to be fine the next game.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's gone off with a knock or cramp several times since he's been here only to be fine the next game.

If he was called El Ghazi or Targett he'd be called a weak player who didn't want to fight for the club. 

Edited by DCJonah

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I'm not sure they would describe as luck signing a bloke for 140m that they sold a couple of years later for 20m, in the meantime causing them to go bankrupt!

15 hours ago, weedman said:

Surprised, looked like he pulled a muscle when kicking the ball. Think he'll be on the bench although perhaps Arsenal game with more space will suit him, he did play well at Man. City last season.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised, looked like he pulled a muscle when kicking the ball. Think he'll be on the bench although perhaps Arsenal game with more space will suit him, he did play well at Man. City last season.

Looked like he never wanted to be out their in the first place tbh.

1 hour ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

I'm not sure they would describe as luck signing a bloke for 140m that they sold a couple of years later for 20m, in the meantime causing them to go bankrupt!

Luck that they'd found someone to take those huge wages off their books.

Not giving up on Coutinho yet. No chance.

If we find the right system and start playing a bit of decent football we'll hopefully see the best of him again.

When on form he's our best player by a long way. 

In the current system though he's useless. Definitely needs to be dropped.

We need more midfielders around him, not more strikers.

Drop one of Ings/Watkins (honestly couldn't care less who, they're very similar in terms of output) and put in Buendia WITH him and probably J Ramsey to do the running. 

We've GOT to have 3-5 midfielders and one striker IF we want to get the best out of him. 

1 hour ago, dubliner said:

In the current system though he's useless. Definitely needs to be dropped.

In the current ( SG system ) all the players are useless.How the #@%& did he go a season unbeaten in the SPL ?

Â