The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm getting quite bored of it all now tbh and I've been pretty apathetic towards England for quite some time anyway, and,  a lot of it is to do with the 'favourites' being picked regardless of form.

Also, if Southgate's only reasoning not to pick Grealish is to do with something personal then he shouldn't be in the job. 

• Like 4

In the end I was pleased jack didn’t get on last night. The thought of him doing something good that gets Southgate out of a mess to then get dropped from the whole squad is to much to bear. I would say he is likely to get dropped for the next squad anyway so is the a player that got man of the match then never got picked again ? Just wondering given that jack was the best played on the pitch by a mile against wales yet others that played in that game got used again and jack didn’t 

8 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

In the end I was pleased jack didn’t get on last night. The thought of him doing something good that gets Southgate out of a mess to then get dropped from the whole squad is to much to bear. I would say he is likely to get dropped for the next squad anyway so is the a player that got man of the match then never got picked again ? Just wondering given that jack was the best played on the pitch by a mile against wales yet others that played in that game got used again and jack didn’t 

This is the thing. Southgate failed to even acknowledge he was any good.

He described DCL as ‘excellent’, same with Ings.  But MOTM jack got he needs to get into those positions more often.’

Even 30 minutes of Mount got more praise during a question about Jack.  It’s utterly disgusting.  

I 100% genuinely believe he’s trying to provoke Jack into saying something so that he gives him an excuse never to pick him again.  Only rational explanation for it.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 4

The problem is that Southgate’s ineptitude and diabolical treatment of Jack is now indirectly putting pressure on Jack. Such is the clamour from the public to pick him, he’s now almost set up to fail. If he doesn’t play brilliantly the next time he’s picked, if there is a next time, he’ll be written off with Southgate leading the chorus. 

Jack should have been introduced calmly. After the Wales game he should have featured in at least one of the next two. To not at least bring him on last night was criminal. Hopefully Jack's England career will be longer than the current manager’s. 

Edited by DaveAV1

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I still say it's Rashford who needs to be replaced by Jack in that starting lineup. 

Mount can stay if that's what Gareth wants. 

Rashford looked pretty terrible last night,  although it is the first time I've seen him play that badly.

They could all play behind Kane, in a free rotating 4231 based on form, but that's way to offensive for Southgate. 3 from Sterling, Grealish, Mount, Maddison, Foden, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford gives us great options there.  But no.  He's an idiot

Edited by MrBlack

Let's look at the 5 matches since Jack was called up.

Away at Iceland: soft penalty in injury time. Jack doesn't play.

Away at Denmark: no goals, Jack looks bright in a 15 minute cameo.

Home to Wales: three goals, Jack with a sublime assist for one and won the free kick that led to the second.

Home to Belgium: dive for a penalty and a major deflection for the second goal. Jack doesn't play.

Home to Denmark: no goals, Jack doesn't play.

So, in the past five games, England scored six goals, of which only two were from open play: one Jack created and one complete fluke of a deflection. Two other goals were harshly given pens and the final two from a FK Jack won and from a corner that Mings flicked on. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I suppose I can understand Southgate trying to get a team prepared for tournament football. But, from the first four games only ONE non-fluke goal was scored from open play. In the fifth game, 1-0 down and down to 10 me n...and the choice for creativity or win free kicks to get a goal is Henderson in midfield and DCL on the left? Forget the vest, Southgate should be in a straightjacket.

southgate.jpg

Edited by a-k
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The problem is that Southgate’s ineptitude and diabolical treatment of Jack is now indirectly putting pressure on Jack. Such is the clamour from the public to pick him, he’s now almost set up to fail. If he doesn’t play brilliantly the next time he’s picked, if there is a next time, he’ll be written off with Southgate leading the chorus. 

Jack should have been introduced calmly. After the Wales game he should have featured in at least one of the next two. To not at least bring him on last night was criminal. Hopefully Jack's England career will be longer than the current manager’s. 

I do agree that Southgate hasn't a clue and could not be anymore inept if he tried but don't worry about Jack, he was born with this gift and when the boots go on everything else switches off, everything happens automatically and he is by far better then his contemporaries.

Mount is better then he is given credit for in the media too, Jack, Mount, Maddison and Sterling are the ones, Sancho is overrated and Rashford is a bit too.

So the manager will be done one day and the right replacement will have no agenda and let the cream rise to the top.

• Like 3

The BBC match report:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54549087

Supporters of Aston Villa's Jack Grealish had real cause for complaint here as a player who showed against Wales that he has rare creative talent remained in his seat on the bench.

Everton's Calvert-Lewin is having a magnificent season as a goalscorer but in this situation he is not the man to pick a pass to unlock the Danes - he should be the man on the end of them.

Southgate will have his reasons for not using Grealish, but to those of us watching there seemed no obvious explanation for keeping him back as others went on.

It was a night of many questions for England and Southgate. There will need to be a braver approach than this when it comes to the real business end of a major tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not just Villa fans with cause for complaint, it’s England fans!

Thing is, with Greenwood and Foden back he isn’t even going to pick him for the next squad.  I think that will finally be the trigger for a journo asking him straight up what his problem is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

I do agree that Southgate hasn't a clue and could not be anymore inept if he tried but don't worry about Jack, he was born with this gift and when the boots go on everything else switches off, everything happens automatically and he is by far better then his contemporaries.

Mount is better then he is given credit for in the media too, Jack, Mount, Maddison and Sterling are the ones, Sancho is overrated and Rashford is a bit too.

So the manager will be done one day and the right replacement will have no agenda and let the cream rise to the top.

Exactly, one thing I've noticed about Jack is that he seems utterly nerveless when he gets on the pitch.  The only time I've seen him look unhappy on the pitch was after lockdown when he looked like he was struggling for form, then he switched gears and kept us up when it came to the crunch.  Dean knows exactly how to handle him as well.  I don't think what's happening with Southgate will have any effect on him whatsoever, if anything be just comes back to us feeling fresher and with a lot of goodwill on his side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Does anyone else feel like they want to see England get thrashed (Jack not playing) so we can get rid of dick-nose Southgate for the way he's treated Jack? 

He won't go anywhere even after a poor Euros imo.  He's the FA man and they will look at the World Cup and Nations League as credit in the bank rather than do anything proactive like replace him next year.

Â