The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Thankfully Jack can return to Villa today, free from injury and back into an environment where his talents are understood and encouraged. He has the extra incentive of knowing that every good game makes Southgate look a bigger prick. He can get back to focusing solely on the club he loves, safe in the knowledge that it wouldn’t matter if he was at Manchester Utd or even Real Madrid, England currently have a manager who wouldn’t play him, no matter his form or club. 
Let’s focus on Leicester now and go get something from the game. 

• Like 3

From a Villa perspective I don’t think the call up could have gone better. The media and fans in England have realised what a player he is yet he comes back to us fresh, and happy he is at a club that appreciates his quality while also eager to prove a point.

edit: Great minds, OxfordVillan

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'm getting quite bored of it all now tbh and I've been pretty apathetic towards England for quite some time anyway, and,  a lot of it is to do with the 'favourites' being picked regardless of form.

Also, if Southgate's only reasoning not to pick Grealish is to do with something personal then he shouldn't be in the job. 

Even if its personal at least be honest with Jack and the fans

54 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly, one thing I've noticed about Jack is that he seems utterly nerveless when he gets on the pitch.  The only time I've seen him look unhappy on the pitch was after lockdown when he looked like he was struggling for form, then he switched gears and kept us up when it came to the crunch.  Dean knows exactly how to handle him as well.  I don't think what's happening with Southgate will have any effect on him whatsoever, if anything be just comes back to us feeling fresher and with a lot of goodwill on his side.

Jack is a winner, after lockdown we were better balanced across the pitch except for being able to put it in the net, a little like Southgate wants but less negative. It didn't suit Jack initially but Jack and the coaches figured out how to make it work, the standard of coaching is obviously higher then at international level. 

That international standard is a myth anyway, if a rare gem pops up from the bottom of the champ then maybe he might be exposed so better coaching. Comments like players need to be playing at the highest level, winning trophies and playing champs league, those are just Southgate excuses for putting down people not in his clique, just awful man management, Phillips, Rice etc.

Internationals are easy, pick the best players for a balanced squad and who ever is in form gets the nod, they are all pretty decent but some should pick themselves. 

Not preaching just how I see it.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

“I don’t like him as a person, I think he is a dickhead” wouldn’t exactly fly well if publicly stated...

"I find Jack difficult to work with, he is a good player but I need to have a good personal relationship with all my squad to get the best out of them, for those reasons I have not picked Jack for this squad"

Be a man Gareth, its simple and easy, put this to bed because it is a major distraction. 

Adam, I've seen you post that you have some inside knowledge on this matter, without dropping yourself in it by naming names etc, but what roughly do you know?

In a way, if it is a personal vendetta and not purely down to Southgate being shit at his job, Grealish is quite lucky Southgate also happens to be as shit as they come.

Laporte, Martial, Benzema all missed out on winner's medals (despite being good enough to get in the squad) for various reasons.

If England had any manager who wasn't completely shit there would be a non-zero chance of that happening to Grealish.

• Like 2

England should not need to play two defensive midfielders against anyone, this therefore frees up space to accommodate your best players.

On current form there is nobody better than Grealish and his exclusion is baffling.

Phillips to be fair looks ok but Declan f****** Rice is atrocious and should not be anywhere near England squads.

I'm another who thinks Sancho is currently underperforming for England...

Anyway it's all good for Villa presuming Grealish was not carrying an injury because surely that is the only reason he didn't play? Any other reason is as I mentioned baffling!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

"I find Jack difficult to work with, he is a good player but I need to have a good personal relationship with all my squad to get the best out of them, for those reasons I have not picked Jack for this squad"

Be a man Gareth, its simple and easy, put this to bed because it is a major distraction. 

Adam, I've seen you post that you have some inside knowledge on this matter, without dropping yourself in it by naming names etc, but what roughly do you know?

Nothing more than that really - I am told by someone who I know for a fact is good mates with Southgate that Southgate thinks he’s a good player but doesn’t like him as a person. I don’t have any insight on to why, or if it’s based on some historical incident, or his personality, or what. I would also hope (and some of Southgate’s quotes suggest this) that like anyone who finds a colleague annoying, that relationship might improve over time - and hopefully Jack just being in the squad and working hard will do that. But he’s definitely playing catch up like anyone whose boss doesn’t like them but has them on their team.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

England should not need to play two defensive midfielders against anyone, this therefore frees up space to accommodate your best players.

On current form there is nobody better than Grealish and his exclusion is baffling.

Phillips to be fair looks ok but Declan f****** Rice is atrocious and should not be anywhere near England squads.

Anyway it's all good for Villa presuming Grealish was not carrying an injury because surely that is the only reason he didn't play? Any other reason is as I mentioned baffling!

This is not the face of a man who isn't playing because he is carrying a knock, rather it is the face of a man contemplating what he did to receive the punishment of having his international prime wasted by an utter buffoon.

grealish.thumb.jpg.e10576ee35e846456bfe878692044bde.jpg

54 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The issue is because we o ly play wihh 2 defensive midfielders in the pitch we get dominated and then it's supporters go look we are justified we would have gotten overrun without it when if we ha splayed grealish or maddison we would have dominated the game. 

58 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Most top teams club or international play 4 at the back and 1 shield in midfield. As I said the only way you adapt is if you have no faith in your defence, your best defenders need that system or you have attacking wing backs.

5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders you would expect from San Marino turning up at Wembley

• Like 2

Â