The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

dont forget Prickford ;) 

even in his worst days McLeish never did this against the top teams(Spurs game is the exception) Denmark is a good team but beatable but Southgate has treated them on 2 occasions as Barcelona 2011

He played the same system against the mighty Wales as well 

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Depending on the FA the managers job can be more like a political post than a coaching role.

Southgate was a political appointment after the Big Sam scandal but he's such a muppet that he thinks he's there for his coaching acumen.

In his post match interview yesterday he was talking about how the players had all learned and improved technically and tactically over this international break. 😂

As if a squad of elite and world class players who are coached by elite/world class managers 90% of the time would improve after working with the worst Middlesbrough manager of the last 30 years for a week and a half.

Hopefully Mings and Grealish haven't regressed too much

Woah cowboy. 

It's not just the technical and tactical training.  Don't forget about the intensity. They're not just playing the bean bag relay out there you know. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Depending on the FA the managers job can be more like a political post than a coaching role.

Southgate was a political appointment after the Big Sam scandal but he's such a muppet that he thinks he's there for his coaching acumen.

In his post match interview yesterday he was talking about how the players had all learned and improved technically and tactically over this international break. 😂

As if a squad of elite and world class players who are coached by elite/world class managers 90% of the time would improve after working with the worst Middlesbrough manager of the last 30 years for a week and a half.

Hopefully Mings and Grealish haven't regressed too much

Excellent post. Go back all the way to the 50s when Hungary were playing ‘total football’ and smashed England 7-1. English football was all about stamina back then and on into the 60s, 70s. Creativity was a dirty word and flair players were seen as luxuries. Now it is about players being ‘tactically and technically’ correct - in other words emulating the Germans. Creativity is still imo a dirty word for England managers like Southgate. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaulC said:

and pick a formation that suits the strength of team. I think this back three with two wingbacks and two holding midfield players is nonsense. You have to take risks to win football matches these days 

Mate is not just nonsense it’s embarrassing. Founders of football, by far the richest league in the world, 4th placed FIFA ranking. Set up with 3 at the back and 2 defensive midfields against Denmark. Wtf!! 

What’s the compensation on his contract  If he is to be sacked? Seriously makes me wonder....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate is not just nonsense it’s embarrassing. Founders of football, by far the richest league in the world, 4th placed FIFA ranking. Set up with 3 at the back and 2 defensive midfields against Denmark. Wtf!! 

What’s the compensation on his contract  If he is to be sacked? Seriously makes me wonder....

Sadly world cup semi plus nations league semi means it wont be sacked any time soon. Yes he got lucky with the draw in the world cup but they wont sack him 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sadly world cup semi plus nations league semi means it wont be sacked any time soon. Yes he got lucky with the draw in the world cup but they wont sack him 

Maybe but he is not helping himself. He has also spoke about things off the field with Maguire not being right. It’s no **** secret. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if he just left him out whilst he’s potentially not in a good place and gave somebody else a chance.  But no Southgate has to ensure he plays and then when he f**ks up he mentions  things off the field not being right. Then why you playing him then you word removed?  Give the guy a break. Seriously wtf is going on??

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe but he is not helping himself. He has also spoke about things off the field with Maguire not being right. It’s no **** secret. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if he just left him out whilst he’s potentially not in a good place and gave somebody else a chance.  But no Southgate has to ensure he plays and then when he f**ks up he mentions  things off the field not being right. Then why you playing him then you word removed?  Give the guy a break. Seriously wtf is going on??

i know he contradicts himself all the time. Even with the penalty when he said Kyle Walker was fouled but he didnt see whether Pickford made a mistake coming out. Hes a blundering idiot. 

• Like 1

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2020/october/tyrone-mings-asks-for-patience-over-gareth-southgate-s-handling-of-jack-grealish

Tyrone Mings insists Gareth Southgate must be trusted in his handling of Jack Grealish as the clamour from England fans for the Aston Villa captain to feature more regularly continues.........

I love Mings but STFU.... Gary Southgate is in the tier 2 of the hanging himself stage and nobody, including our own is going to derail it with diplomacy! 

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2020/october/tyrone-mings-asks-for-patience-over-gareth-southgate-s-handling-of-jack-grealish

Tyrone Mings insists Gareth Southgate must be trusted in his handling of Jack Grealish as the clamour from England fans for the Aston Villa captain to feature more regularly continues.........

I love Mings but STFU.... Gary Southgate is in the tier 2 of the hanging himself stage and nobody, including our own is going to derail it with diplomacy! 

Southgate's instructions for mings before he subbed him on were pretty please say I'm not biased in the news. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Those are actually really classy and sensible quotes from Mings. (Though agreed of course we want to see Southgate hang himself haha)

Edit: METAPHORICALLY hang himself I mean.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 2

Gabby has been out saying Jack has been left out because of a vendetta and also why are England playing 7 defensive players. 

I like Gabby but he isnt the sharpest tool but even he can see this Southgate farce

• Like 1

I'm actually very disappointed in Tyrone for his comments. He's obviously been asked the question, but his answer shows he's looking out for himself and his own prospects.

Club over country - always. Jack is his club captain, at the very least he should be skipping over the question so as not to be seen to undermine him in any way. If he's intent on speaking up about it, I'd expect him to agree that Jack deserves to start and leave it at that. I'm disgusted that instead of either of those options, he's chosen to throw his support behind Southgate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gabby has been out saying Jack has been left out because of a vendetta and also why are England playing 7 defensive players. 

I like Gabby but he isnt the sharpest tool but even he can see this Southgate farce

Intelligence is irrelevant especially on a football pitch 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I love his Twitter and Insta posts 

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I'm actually very disappointed in Tyrone for his comments. He's obviously been asked the question, but his answer shows he's looking out for himself and his own prospects.

Club over country - always. Jack is his club captain, at the very least he should be skipping over the question so as not to be seen to undermine him in any way. If he's intent on speaking up about it, I'd expect him to agree that Jack deserves to start and leave it at that. I'm disgusted that instead of either of those options, he's chosen to throw his support behind Southgate.

Although I wouldn’t go as far as disgusted, I’d settle with disappointed.

Let’s see what he has to say when Jack is dropped from the next squad for foden and greenwood.  ‘Gareth is right’?

I mean how would he feel if Jack said ‘Gareth is right to pick Maguire ahead of Tyrone.’?

He didn’t need to add a lot of that stuff in, he could’ve just given a political answer like ‘These are difficult decisions that need to be made blah blah blah’

its pretty damn obvious Jack is desperate to play for England, and when you see your team mate sticking up for the way Southgate is behaving, it might end up creating a problem between the two.

’I’m trying to get into the team aswell’

It’s ok for you mate, at least you get brought on when a central defender is needed.  How would you feel if Southgate brought on DCL to play at central defence and said ‘we needed someone who pace and athleticism’ when asked why the **** did he not bring on Tyrone Mings?

The right answer would have been a generic one.  These quotes a clearly his own thoughts.

Im not very impressed.

Edited by Thug

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That's quite a harsh and unfair critique of his comments. It's frustrating to see this as a go-to criticism of Mings anytime he does something that's seemingly unsavory in the eyes of the Villa faithful. After his first England call-up, when he was in a slump, there were relentless posts about "He's using Villa to boost his social media platform" or "He only cares about himself." I don't necessarily agree with everything Mings said but to say he's thrown his support behind Southgate as if that's some sort of middle finger to Jack/ Villa and to say he's looking out for himself is ludicrous.

Edit: deleted as I thought I had been quoted 

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thug said:

Edit: deleted as I thought I had been quoted 

Startled me for a second. I thought I tagged the wrong person lol. I have no issue with a rebuttal of his interview nor being disappointed or frustrated with what was said, as you did in your other post. I just don't think resorting to character attacks is necessary. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Please can you link me to the post-match interview quotes. Absolute gold.

Waistcoat nonce.

I've seen him suggest it a few times tbf, here's the on pitch interview from Wednesday. At 0:52, he starts claiming the players are improving and learning after working with him for 10 days. 😅

I would be embarrassed on his behalf of he wasn't such a word removed.

Â