The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Roy Keane is a dickhead who says outrageous things to keep himself relevant. He's the football world's Richard Littlejohn.

More like Katie Hopkins!

He was an excellent player, but he was a complete arsehole. And he still is, except now he has to play a character to keep being on the telly and maintain his fame. He's a muppet. 

59 minutes ago, John said:

He was always a typical FA appointment, someone who was a safe appointment, rather than a good one. Another Woy Hodgson or a Ron Greenwood

Harsh on those two, who were accomplished, if not particularly exciting managers. Compared to Southgate's track record of relegating Boro, and an unremarkable run with England under 21s. They'd at least won some trophies. Southgate's managerial career will amount to **** all. A semi final after the luckiest draw we've had, possibly ever. He was an atrocious appointment, but I agree with your choice of words, safe. They just needed someone squeaky clean after Big Sam exposed himself as the corrupt **** most people knew he was. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John said:

He sees Jack as a football maverick, another Rodney Marsh (9), Tony Currie (17), Alan Hudson (2), Stan Bowles (5), Matthew Le Tissier (8), Charlie George (1) or Peter Osgood (4). Players of undoubted ability that managed just 46 caps, between all 7 of them

Brian Little (1). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John said:

The wally in the waistcoat's treatment of Jack runs the risk of getting him the sack before his negative tactics and selections, see us humiliated at the final stages of the next Euros/World Cup.

He was always a typical FA appointment, someone who was a safe appointment, rather than a good one. Another Woy Hodgson or a Ron Greenwood, rather than a Brian Clough. He sees Jack as a football maverick, another Rodney Marsh (9), Tony Currie (17), Alan Hudson (2), Stan Bowles (5), Matthew Le Tissier (8), Charlie George (1) or Peter Osgood (4). Players of undoubted ability that managed just 46 caps, between all 7 of them. 

He didn't ever want to pick Jack. In the end the fates conspired to make it very, very, difficult for him not to. He gave him a few minutes against Denmark and then made the mistake of giving him a start against Wales. Jack only went on to grab that one opportunity to lay a claim to a regular starting place, by being man of the match didn't he? 

He had to pick him after that didn't he? Oh no he didn't, he reverted to his trusted favourites instead and then chose to leave Jack sitting on the bench, rather than to risk him, getting him out of the mess, his tactics/selections had gotten him into. England have now twice failed to score against Denmark and have scored once to claim a very fortunate win in Iceland, in our last four competitive matches. I have reached the conclusion that England need Jack, more than they need the wally in the waistcoat!     

Jack's situation is so similar to the way England wasted Matt Le Tissier.

Both creative wonders, both performing exceptional football with moments of magic for a club in the lower reaches of the table, but tarred with the fantastical perception that they were luxury players that offer nothing off the ball. Both one club legends that get zero recognition for their loyalty, but accused of lacking ambition.

Both the standout players that the team should have been built around, because they don't fit perfectly in the style the team is trying to play, but instead get frozen out using the formation or style of play as a pathetic excuse. In the Le Tiss example, it served only to have England under perform on the international stage and deliver precisely nothing. 

We have an opportunity to avoid making the same mistake again. FA need to get rid of Gary now. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Does anyone else feel like they want to see England get thrashed (Jack not playing) so we can get rid of dick-nose Southgate for the way he's treated Jack? 

Yes because we have the best crop of players we have had in many years with a pale excuse of a manager. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John said:

The wally in the waistcoat's treatment of Jack runs the risk of getting him the sack before his negative tactics and selections, see us humiliated at the final stages of the next Euros/World Cup.

He was always a typical FA appointment, someone who was a safe appointment, rather than a good one. Another Woy Hodgson or a Ron Greenwood, rather than a Brian Clough. He sees Jack as a football maverick, another Rodney Marsh (9), Tony Currie (17), Alan Hudson (2), Stan Bowles (5), Matthew Le Tissier (8), Charlie George (1) or Peter Osgood (4). Players of undoubted ability that managed just 46 caps, between all 7 of them. 

He didn't ever want to pick Jack. In the end the fates conspired to make it very, very, difficult for him not to. He gave him a few minutes against Denmark and then made the mistake of giving him a start against Wales. Jack only went on to grab that one opportunity to lay a claim to a regular starting place, by being man of the match didn't he? 

He had to pick him after that didn't he? Oh no he didn't, he reverted to his trusted favourites instead and then chose to leave Jack sitting on the bench, rather than to risk him, getting him out of the mess, his tactics/selections had gotten him into. England have now twice failed to score against Denmark and have scored once to claim a very fortunate win in Iceland, in our last four competitive matches. I have reached the conclusion that England need Jack, more than they need the wally in the waistcoat!     

Yes both Greenwood and Hodgson were safe picks. and some might say a little past it as managers.

• Like 1

Would be surprised if Southgate got sacked even if we did have a sh*t Euros. Look at Boothroyd, who got knocked-out of the group stage by Romania in the last U21. The FA are absolutely useless.

It frustrates me for Jack and as a Villa fan not to see him play when he obviously should at least come on. But it frustrates me even more as an England fan, knowing this kid I know everything about could absolutely rip-up any game of football on his day (which are increasingly frequent occurrences), and if he was embedded into a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3/not 7-2-1, we might even win the Euros (which we are still somehow favourites to do with this absolute muppet).

Honestly, if Mike Bassett rocked-up and named a team that fit that system (which anyone could easily do) with the strongest players, and told them to just "go and play football", we would have battered the likes of Iceland, Denmark (Wales B would've been a cricket score). Imagine how good we could be with a decent manager. This squad is mentally talented.

I am all for tactical solutions, and long slated the likes of O'Neill/Bruce for their lack of them, but Southgate over-thinks something very simple which is: play your best players in the right positions. The some of the parts of this team is dramatically worsened with him playing this abysmal system with the wrong players. It is literally all his fault with his hideous overthinking.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I disagree with the Le Tissier comparison. He *was* profoundly lazy, went missing from games, and wasted his talent.

Jack is being unfairly tarred with the same brush, but he is extremely hard working, and very rarely goes missing from games.

He isn’t just there for those moments of magic - he can dominate a game from start to finish, controlling the tempo, easing pressure on the defence, creating chances, etc etc.

It’s absolutely f***ing criminal what Southgate is doing.

True enough about Jack, on that we agree.

Le Tiss was no more lazy than Gazza, I'd argue less so. He was undoubtedly, for me, the best technical player we had at the time, and you don't achieve his goal scoring record by going missing on a regular basis. Yes he was more about those magical moments (more goals than assists for MLT, whilst Jack provides both with equal regularity) than anything else, but a prime example of a player that got wasted by England.

Jack will end up going the same way while Southgate remains the manager. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes both Greenwood and Hodgson were safe picks. and some might say a little past it as managers.

Wenger is being touted by some of the media. Undoubtedly an upgrade on Southgate, but then so would old Mrs Miggins at the pie shop.

What does everyone think, a wise old sage who’d bring his knowledge and experience to get the best out of our young attacking talent or past it? 

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I disagree with the Le Tissier comparison. He *was* profoundly lazy, went missing from games, and wasted his talent.

Slightly dismissive of MLS's ability there. He was an unbelievable footballer and I bet a lot of saints fans will tell you Jack isn't anywhere close. 

I agree Jack is exceptional, but lets not talk down players like Le Tiss. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wenger is being touted by some of the media. Undoubtedly an upgrade on Southgate, but then so would old Mrs Miggins at the pie shop.

What does everyone think, a wise old sage who’d bring his knowledge and experience to get the best out of our young attacking talent or past it? 

I think he would be an improvement and I'd be ok with it, but it's not exactly a long term appointment.  1, maybe 2 tournaments at a push. Would prefer we got someone not so close to retirement

I’ll expand on my last post and give you a classic example I’ll never forget. Brazil in World Cup 2014.  Atletico Madrid had 2 Brazilian defenders that had the best defence in Europe and had just won La Liga. Neither of them even got called up, let alone made the team. The rest is history. How these managers get these roles is beyond me. 

• Like 2

Â