The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That's quite a harsh and unfair critique of his comments. It's frustrating to see this as a go-to criticism of Mings anytime he does something that's seemingly unsavory in the eyes of the Villa faithful. After his first England call-up, when he was in a slump, there were relentless posts about "He's using Villa to boost his social media platform" or "He only cares about himself." I don't necessarily agree with everything Mings said but to say he's thrown his support behind Southgate as if that's some sort of middle finger to Jack/ Villa and to say he's looking out for himself is ludicrous.

Fans on message boards get emotional and take comfort from sharing their emotions with the other members of the tribe.

Whipped up emotions do not create reasoned debate. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

I'm actually very disappointed in Tyrone for his comments. He's obviously been asked the question, but his answer shows he's looking out for himself and his own prospects.

Club over country - always. Jack is his club captain, at the very least he should be skipping over the question so as not to be seen to undermine him in any way. If he's intent on speaking up about it, I'd expect him to agree that Jack deserves to start and leave it at that. I'm disgusted that instead of either of those options, he's chosen to throw his support behind Southgate.

Seemed like very sensible mature answers to me and also suggests that Jack isn’t quite as upset and angry as the fans are about not playing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I've seen him suggest it a few times tbf, here's the on pitch interview from Wednesday. At 0:52, he starts claiming the players are improving and learning after working with him for 10 days. 😅

I would be embarrassed on his behalf of he wasn't such a word removed.

Exactly this.  So many timed he’s thrown in these comments like her can get to see the intensity that we work with here’ etc.

He’s being disrespectful to the club managers by suggesting that his training regime is somehow superior to the clubs managers.

He needs to be reminded that he’s a total failure as a club manager and only got this job because Sam **** up.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Sadly world cup semi plus nations league semi means it wont be sacked any time soon. Yes he got lucky with the draw in the world cup but they wont sack him 

They gave him a new 4-year contract after that too, which takes him up to our 2022 World Cup elimination, so it could be argued that they can't afford to sack him. In my opinion they can't afford not to, but I think you are most likely right. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seemed like very sensible mature answers to me and also suggests that Jack isn’t quite as upset and angry as the fans are about not playing.

I don’t think it suggests anything of the sort. You can’t read into what Jack feels based on Tyrone’s answers.  

The answers are definitely mature, but I’d disagree with the sensible part.

I think it does nothing to help Jack’s cause, and as such potentially causes bad feeling between the two.  I have no idea, maybe jack is absolutely fine with it, but there’s some things in there that have undertones that I just don’t like.  I’ll happily admit that my emotions have been supercharged through this week with regards to my perceived treatment of Jack by Southgate.  It’s not even about the not playing. It’s what the fool SAYS that has me irked.

Here’s the bits that don’t sit right with me, but like I said, I’m hyper defensive at the moment and maybe reading way to much into it.

’im trying to get into the team as well’ which to me, is comparing his own situation to Jacks. I’m sorry tyrone, but your situation is completely different.  Yes, maybe you deserve to start ahead of Maguire, and yes he picked 16 right backs rather than start you as a central defender - but he’s not saying things to disrespect you.  He didn’t say ‘I’m not bringing on tyrone because he’s not athletic or quick enough.’  He’s not talking about how another player is just so much better than you

He goes on about how other players in the team/squad deserve respect, yes they do.  As does Jack.  Just the same amount of respect as anyone else. No more, no less.  

Gareth has the right plan about Jack? We shall see Tyrone. Let’s see where Gareth’s plans take Jack.  So far he is behind Mount, Rashford, Sancho, Foden, Greenwood, Sterling, and now even DCL in the pecking order for the ‘wing’.  He’s made it clear that he will never play in the middle.

Those comments could prove to look really stupid when the next squad is picked.  And if he isn’t picked, well, Tyrone will have agreed that Jack doesn’t deserve to be there.

He would have been more adviser to shut his trap and not get involved.  That’s the mature and sensible thing to do.

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Prob wrong but maybe Jack has asked  Mings to do this as an intermediary as comments from Jack or Southgate obviously get eaten up by the press, smart move if I'm right.

If you’re right, then Yh.

i think we wait until the next squad.

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

He would have been more adviser to shut his trap and not get involved.  That’s the mature and sensible thing to do.

Depends. If hasn’t spoken to Jack about the situation then yes, his comments maybe come across as quite selfish and just thinking about himself. 

But they’ve always seemed quite close so I can only assume his comments have taken conversations with Jack in to consideration.

14 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wenger is being touted by some of the media. Undoubtedly an upgrade on Southgate, but then so would old Mrs Miggins at the pie shop.

What does everyone think, a wise old sage who’d bring his knowledge and experience to get the best out of our young attacking talent or past it? 

It looked to be working once before, when a 59 year old (it seemed old to me back then;)) ex-Villa manager, took over on a caretaker basis after Sir Alf's sacking and asked the England squad to express themselves naturally. England began to play some nice football again and put a smile on their faces and on ours, but then they appointed Don Revie, rather than that caretaker. 

The Guardian article below, gives a lengthy, but excellent summing up of Joe's spell as caretaker boss and is well worth a read: 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2012/oct/11/forgotten-story-joe-mercer-england-manager

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends. If hasn’t spoken to Jack about the situation then yes, his comments maybe come across as quite selfish and just thinking about himself. 

But they’ve always seemed quite close so I can only assume his comments have taken conversations with Jack in to consideration.

What did Tyrone say? 

mings has done nothing wrong there, not sure what people are expecting, him to say yeah jack should start, mount is shit and 7 defensive players at home is wank?

its not going to happen is it

the jack stuff is a starting to be a bigger picture though, the press are more willing to forget the player for a minute and the him vs mount debate that the fans are having and focus on the 7 defensive players, we weren't that good vs wales with that formation despite the scoreline, its not progressive football utilising the young talent we have - and that's what will put him under pressure and for jacks England career its almost like the focus should move away from him personally and become more about the team tactics, jack wont want to be the individual seen as getting southgate shit in the press, does him no favours

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Balls to England, let's get back to admiring him play for us. He's come back unscathed from an international break and will no doubt be fired up to have a go at Leicester on Sunday 

I bet if he continues his upward trajectory then once Southgate is gone and a more forward thinking England manager is in charge he will build his team around Jack. 

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yh I truly hope so.  I have a huge amount of time for Tyrone.  I sincerely hope that Jack isn’t reading that today thinking ‘WTF’.  
You’d think he would have been planning what he would say, knowing full well that he was likely to be asked about this.. so you may well be right.  Maybe he had a chat with Jack about what he should say if he was asked. 

It’s funny how many inadequate managers didn’t fancy Jack , Remi Garde, Steve Bruce to begin with insisted on playing Onomah instead of him and yes I know Jack was injured beginning of that season but this was after,  and now idiot Gareth Southgate 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mings has done nothing wrong there, not sure what people are expecting, him to say yeah jack should start, mount is shit and 7 defensive players at home is wank?

its not going to happen is it

the jack stuff is a starting to be a bigger picture though, the press are more willing to forget the player for a minute and the him vs mount debate that the fans are having and focus on the 7 defensive players, we weren't that good vs wales with that formation despite the scoreline, its not progressive football utilising the young talent we have - and that's what will put him under pressure and for jacks England career its almost like the focus should move away from him personally and become more about the team tactics, jack wont want to be the individual seen as getting southgate shit in the press, does him no favours

I’ve just been back and read it again, and I think if you take the headline out, and the first paragraph out (which are not his quotes) and concentrate on just what he said, I think you’re right. He’s not said anything wrong.

Im just so annoyed with Southgate at the moment that I find any kind of ‘defence’ of him irritating.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Read the article again, and I think I’m taking things out of context. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s funny how many inadequate managers didn’t fancy Jack , Remi Garde, Steve Bruce to begin with insisted on playing Onomah instead of him and yes I know Jack was injured beginning of that season but this was after,  and now idiot Gareth Southgate 

Lambert never seemed keen either

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Makes sense.

Shit managers can't see how a good player would help them. That's why they're shit.

Â