The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve said it before but you really don’t need to be a tactical genius to be an international manager. Just field your best in form confident players for ffs!

Harry Redknapp made a career based on this. Got Spurs to 4th doing it. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think he would be an improvement and I'd be ok with it, but it's not exactly a long term appointment.  1, maybe 2 tournaments at a push. Would prefer we got someone not so close to retirement

I’d largely agree, but then again not many of them seem to last more than 1 or 2 tournaments. Since we haven’t won a single thing since 1966, 1 tournament that we actually won would be fine by me. Greece and Denmark have won more than us since 66. 

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

😂 As if a squad of elite and world class players who are coached by elite/world class managers 90% of the time would improve after working with the worst Middlesbrough manager of the last 30 years for a week and a half.

Post of the Thread. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wenger is being touted by some of the media. Undoubtedly an upgrade on Southgate, but then so would old Mrs Miggins at the pie shop.

What does everyone think, a wise old sage who’d bring his knowledge and experience to get the best out of our young attacking talent or past it? 

Yes I'd take Wenger. Im sure he would like a player like Grealish

• Like 1

On 14/10/2020 at 12:51, MrBlack said:

Again, another none neutral you could argue, but at least someone that Sky seem to be happy to put in front of the camera on a regular basis.

Can't think of any genuine neutral that has backed him until after his recent first cap,  except Ian Wright who did so just before it happened? Crazy that he's gone so under the radar except for the people that you would be able to argue are biased.  The fact they're right as well as biased isn't my point ;).

I don't think Merse is biased towards Jack....just truthful.

Merse is almost neutral with every team inc Arsenal.....been around the block enough, to be unbiased, I think.

So because half the nation is baffled at Jacks omission from the team when we was crying out for creativity, and to make matter worse on the back of a man of the match award against Wales.....Roy Keane resorts to labelling Jack as the messiah...hyperbole or what.

This is becoming a national joke.....If this England manager has not got a personal agenda,against Jack...... I'm from timbuktu.

The press should be calling him out, better than they are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Depending on the FA the managers job can be more like a political post than a coaching role.

Southgate was a political appointment 

As if a squad of elite and world class players who are coached by elite/world class managers 90% of the time would improve after working with the worst Middlesbrough manager of the last 30 years for a week and a half.

Hopefully Mings and Grealish haven't regressed too much

Nice 😂 

Southgate must think himself a tactical god. He's so blinded by it he's forgetting actual football needs to be played. He's actually wound me up far more than I thought which is disappointing 😂 Sunday can't come soon enough to put this whole tragic affair behind us! 

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

So because half the nation is baffled at Jacks omission from the team when we was crying out for creativity, and to make matter worse on the back of a man of the match award against Wales.....Roy Keane resorts to poking fun at labelling Jack as the messiah...hyperbole or what.

This is becoming a national joke.....If this England manager has not got a personal agenda,against Jack...... I'm from timbuktu.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

What I will say about the learning is I do think Grealish will be learning playing alongside Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling etc in training. Smith said after the last break Grealish came back and asked the two-week training schedule to be turned into a four-week schedule because he was impressed at how Man City had that, and I saw Grealish say this week he wants to take Kane’s professionalism back into the squad at Villa.

That is a good point. It’s no bad thing training with England’s best for 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Tro the edit button has moved to the top right.  Where it used to be is now the quote button so whenever you think your editing your post your actually editing a quote of yourself and creating a new post. It caught me out a few times to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Depending on the FA the managers job can be more like a political post than a coaching role.

Southgate was a political appointment after the Big Sam scandal but he's such a muppet that he thinks he's there for his coaching acumen.

In his post match interview yesterday he was talking about how the players had all learned and improved technically and tactically over this international break. 😂

As if a squad of elite and world class players who are coached by elite/world class managers 90% of the time would improve after working with the worst Middlesbrough manager of the last 30 years for a week and a half.

Hopefully Mings and Grealish haven't regressed too much

Please can you link me to the post-match interview quotes. Absolute gold.

Waistcoat nonce.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Harsh on those two, who were accomplished, if not particularly exciting managers. Compared to Southgate's track record of relegating Boro, and an unremarkable run with England under 21s. They'd at least won some trophies. Southgate's managerial career will amount to **** all. A semi final after the luckiest draw we've had, possibly ever. He was an atrocious appointment, but I agree with your choice of words, safe. They just needed someone squeaky clean after Big Sam exposed himself as the corrupt **** most people knew he was. 

Woy and Greenwood were also safe appointments primarily. I didn't want either of them and on paper, Southgate has done better with England than either of them as well. There were better, if not safer appointments than all three of them, in my opinion. I agree on your summing up of the current FA appointment though, the jobs beyond his management credentials and the sooner the FA accept that their decision was wrong the better!

2 hours ago, TRO said:

So because half the nation is baffled at Jacks omission from the team when we was crying out for creativity, and to make matter worse on the back of a man of the match award against Wales.....Roy Keane resorts to labelling Jack as the messiah...hyperbole or what.

I so badly wish someone would call Roy Keane out for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve said it before but you really don’t need to be a tactical genius to be an international manager. Just field your best in form confident players for ffs!

and pick a formation that suits the strength of team. I think this back three with two wingbacks and two holding midfield players is nonsense. You have to take risks to win football matches these days 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Most top teams club or international play 4 at the back and 1 shield in midfield. As I said the only way you adapt is if you have no faith in your defence, your best defenders need that system or you have attacking wing backs.

5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders you would expect from San Marino turning up at Wembley

To be fair, if you had Harry Maguire and Kyle Walker in your three CBs you would have two DCM'ers as well!😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

To be fair, if you had Harry Maguire and Kyle Walker in your three CBs you would have two DCM'ers as well!😉

dont forget Prickford ;) 

even in his worst days McLeish never did this against the top teams(Spurs game is the exception) Denmark is a good team but beatable but Southgate has treated them on 2 occasions as Barcelona 2011

• Like 1

Â