Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

That little cameo will have given him a massive confidence boost. Both him and JPB looked the part, full of energy and positive intent. It’s a different matter putting a full 90 in, but that’s not expected yet. A bright future awaits, hopefully. I think I screamed when that shot hit the post. 

So unjustifiably proud of a young lad I’ve never even met. He’s a first team player now, next season I think he’ll be part of the furniture. A future star for club and country this one. 

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

100% baller. This kid is going to run shit.

You know it. You can tell just by seeing him for 5 minutes. He has a grown up game. 

And then when you watch a 90 mins youth game you see how ridiculous he is . 

I was laughed at when i quoted footballtalentscout.net who rate his potential as world class but if everything goes to plan and he doesnt plateau you can see him ripping shit up . By all accounts a lovely kid as well 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You know it. You can tell just by seeing him for 5 minutes. He has a grown up game. 

And then when you watch a 90 mins youth game you see how ridiculous he is . 

I was laughed at when i quoted footballtalentscout.net who rate his potential as world class but if everything goes to plan and he doesnt plateau you can see him ripping shit up . By all accounts a lovely kid as well 

Yep. Looked like he had been playing in the first team all season. Future star I reckon! 

Never in doubt. Does make it all the more annoying he didn't get game time when Barkley was getting unjustified minutes.

That said, the youth Cup is a big deal for our youth team, and can see why that has taken priority just about.

And that debut was a wonderful introduction for him with us on the front foot rather than chasing a game. Cant argue too much,  and can't wait to see how he progresses next season. Absolute class.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This is why i was screaming for game time for him ahead of ramsey.

He just has something about him. He looked awesome. 

Was not phased in the slightest 

Had that gone in the roof would have come off in my house

I know what you mean. He “prowls” around the pitch. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a 17-year-old with that kind of presence. Remarkable.

Composed for one so young, scary how good Carney could be in the future and hopefully with Villa.

So unlucky not to score on his debut.

The feeling of pride you get from seeing the young players make their debuts is really quite something. It is indeed the beautiful game!

Don’t get carried away until he’s starting games fairly regularly, we already knew he was a top of the tree prospect.

As a note of caution if we buy too many players in the positions of the youngster who we think will make it there won’t be room for them to play.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Don’t get carried away until he’s starting games fairly regularly, we already knew he was a top of the tree prospect.

As a note of caution if we buy too many players in the positions of the youngster who we think will make it there won’t be room for them to play.

The best clubs in the league have the squad depth to rotate.  If we are to ever make Europe consistently we really need two full XI of top flight quality players.  It’s good that we have a wave of talented youth coming in, it should speed up that process.

• Like 1

Â