Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I felt when he came on he was noticed and he were causing spurs some chaos.

We have a few wonderkids amongst us who I do feel comfortable letting them have first team time. I look forward to watching him again because he made space for himself, got great positioning, he tries to be creative and has a decent pass on him.

He was so unlucky not to score that but despite the fact he didn't I am glad he had the guts to give it a damn go. He had the spurs keeper beaten.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, birdman said:

Yep. Looked like he had been playing in the first team all season. Future star I reckon! 

In training, I think he has. 

As fans, a lot of us moan about 'giving kids a chance', but it has to be really hard to judge. A few minutes in end of season games sounds OK, but if we get stuffed, how does it actually help them. 
Look at how Pep has managed Foden, and for a couple of seasons he was criticised at his lack of game time, but he seems to have got it spot on.
Hopefully Dean and co know how to do this with each of them. And if he does - the savings will be measured in £100m's. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

Don’t get carried away until he’s starting games fairly regularly, we already knew he was a top of the tree prospect.

As a note of caution if we buy too many players in the positions of the youngster who we think will make it there won’t be room for them to play.

very much this

i think we might not fill every need in the summer because we can see whats going to happen the year after or even the year after that, RB is the obvious one, striker too

maybe we end up with more loans

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Don’t get carried away until he’s starting games fairly regularly, we already knew he was a top of the tree prospect.

As a note of caution if we buy too many players in the positions of the youngster who we think will make it there won’t be room for them to play.

Yeah, his road to the first team starting spot needs to be open as much as possible. We'll most likely buy a top player for that CAM role, with Jack as an option too, but whoever gets that job will know the Crown Prince is waiting for any chance to take that place.

He'll have the preseason with the first team, then we'll see where he is. We shouldn't rush, but then again if he's ready we have to oblige him, because there's no doubt about it, this kid is special. We have to make sure its for Villa for the long term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

As fans, a lot of us moan about 'giving kids a chance', but it has to be really hard to judge. A few minutes in end of season games sounds OK, but if we get stuffed, how does it actually help them. 
Look at how Pep has managed Foden, and for a couple of seasons he was criticised at his lack of game time, but he seems to have got it spot on.
Hopefully Dean and co know how to do this with each of them. And if he does - the savings will be measured in £100m's. 

Yes absolutely there is a balance especially with toxic elements of our fan base you need to build the players confidence up carefully. Fortunately Spurs were struggling against us so it was perfect timing to give the debut! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Loving this, two well spoken respectful lads oozing with confidence and a little bit of arrogance. 

Impressed with their cameos all be it against a beaten dreadful Spurs team.

Hope to see JPB against Chelsea.

congrat, Chukwuemeka for debut. Well done for play really good for first time and impressive with his position which i been watch him youth games on live tv and west brom and yesterday vs spurs I think he is seem like ready for play first team when ask via sub or starter, but we need manage him right and push right direction with less pressure him.

I impressive with his shot which is hit a post as i watch his body say place shot toward far post than trick defender nice shot (seem like passing turn shot) to near post and it is work fool spurs defender to plant his foot to protect far post when he actually shot near post.

he is move to right position for protection our back line plus he is move a right position again for attack and support it is impressive for 17 years old! he is seem got playmaker also box to box type combined which impressive like Y.T or Pobga type.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

7 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

I see what you're saying but Pep has a bigger carrot to dangle than Smith has, this is why our approach with these youngsters maybe has to be a little different. 

3 hours ago, Nicho said:

Loving this, two well spoken respectful lads oozing with confidence and a little bit of arrogance. 

Impressed with their cameos all be it against a beaten dreadful Spurs team.

Hope to see JPB against Chelsea.

JPB seems a bit of a character. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

JPB seems a bit of a character. 

definitely was right on the line of confidence vs arrogance...benefit of the doubt given it was his first interview and saying he was on the side of confidence

i'm sure the powers that be will keep their feet on the ground

edit: and dortmund can **** off...bellingham + 30m and we maybe can talk

Edited by tomav84

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I felt when he came on he was noticed and he were causing spurs some chaos.

We have a few wonderkids amongst us who I do feel comfortable letting them have first team time. I look forward to watching him again because he made space for himself, got great positioning, he tries to be creative and has a decent pass on him.

He was so unlucky not to score that but despite the fact he didn't I am glad he had the guts to give it a damn go. He had the spurs keeper beaten.

He strikes the ball very well and is aware of who is around him, he has a physicality for a young player similar to Bellingham, I like his courage to have a pop, he shows a desire to show what he can do.

sure, 10 minutes is no time and stamina, plays a big part.....but I just got an impression this kid is in a hurry, to be good, not a coaster or a thankful to be in the team.....This boy is just waiting to rip it up....Thats the intrinsic feeling I got watching that cameo.

Dean will have a problem keeping this thoroughbred in the stable....He just wants to run.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Just now, TRO said:

He strikes the ball very well and is aware of who is around him, he has a physicality for a young player on Par with Bellingham, I like his courage to have a pop, he shows a desire to show what he can do.

sure, 10 minutes is no time and stamina, plays a big part.....but I just got an impression this kid is in a hurry, to be good, not a coaster or a thnkful to be in the team.....This boy is just waiting to rip it up....Thats the intrinsic feeling I got watching that cameo.

I agree, Tro. I think he is ready for a lot more minutes. Not often you can say that about a 17 year old. And we don't want to lose him because he feels he can cut it and is not getting the chance to do so.

• Like 1

Â