Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

If Dortmund got him they very likely would be playing him every game. 

They are insanely brave with youngsters and there is lots to learn from their model. Even if they aren't at the optimal level yet they are prepared to take the short term pain for long term gain. 

With us I feel like he only got minutes because we already are safe and nothing to play for. 

Edited by villalad21

Is there a precedent at Villa for bringing a 17 year old into the first team and giving him game time? I suppose Ramsey got a fair bit of time this season, that is surely the indicator as to how we'll use CC - the powers that be must think he's ready for it. It makes a nice change that we don't just send them on loan to Grimsby - and maybe this is the owners' plan in action - and we'll see one or two youngsters integrated every season. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Is there a precedent at Villa for bringing a 17 year old into the first team and giving him game time? I suppose Ramsey got a fair bit of time this season, that is surely the indicator as to how we'll use CC - the powers that be must think he's ready for it. It makes a nice change that we don't just send them on loan to Grimsby - and maybe this is the owners' plan in action - and we'll see one or two youngsters integrated every season. 

I don't think integration necessarily means that they are first team players now though.  I would hope we bring in a strong DCM (Bissouma or equivalent) and a "10" or LW, depending where they want to play Jack.

If we do this, I would sell Nakamba (I think he will have value to, say, a newly promoted team), which would leave us with, let's say, Bissouma at  6; SJM, Sanson and Luiz at 8 (with Luiz able to cover 6 and SJM and Sanson able to push to 10 or play 2 x 8); and Jack (or new guy if Jack stays at LW) as a 10.  I would then want to see Ramsey go out on loan to the Championship and get 30 + starts and see if he really he has it in him to push on and become a top half PL player.  A bit like Davis, I don't think we will get to understand this from first team cameos/occasional starts.

Chuk might find himself playing U-23s next season and covering the first team bench with a loan the following season (when he will only be 19) to the Championship hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't think integration necessarily means that they are first team players now though.  I would hope we bring in a strong DCM (Bissouma or equivalent) and a "10" or LW, depending where they want to play Jack.

If we do this, I would sell Nakamba (I think he will have value to, say, a newly promoted team), which would leave us with, let's say, Bissouma at  6; SJM, Sanson and Luiz at 8 (with Luiz able to cover 6 and SJM and Sanson able to push to 10 or play 2 x 8); and Jack (or new guy if Jack stays at LW) as a 10.  I would then want to see Ramsey go out on loan to the Championship and get 30 + starts and see if he really he has it in him to push on and become a top half PL player.  A bit like Davis, I don't think we will get to understand this from first team cameos/occasional starts.

Chuk might find himself playing U-23s next season and covering the first team bench with a loan the following season (when he will only be 19) to the Championship hopefully. 

They bring a lot of energy though - Smith's used Ramsey at crucial moments in games this season and appears to believe he is a first team player already. No idea on CC and all the hype might just be that, but I get the feeling if we don't give him game time he'll go somewhere like Dortmund that will. In other words, he presents a bit of a problem to us if the plan is to send the kids on loan. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not many 17/18 year olds become starters in this league. From the top of my head I can think of Milner, Sterling, Owen, Rooney? All obviously exceptional talents. 

Any others ?

Greenwood? 

Just now, Jareth said:

They bring a lot of energy though - Smith's used Ramsey at crucial moments in games this season and appears to believe he is a first team player already. 

He has at times.  At other times he has looked a little lost.  I think it would be great for him to get a run of games starting and I am hoping that the business we do in the summer means that he is unlikely to get that at Villa next year.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No idea on CC and all the hype might just be that, but I get the feeling if we don't give him game time he'll go somewhere like Dortmund that will. In other words, he presents a bit of a problem to us if the plan is to send the kids on loan. 

Agreed.  He has two years remaining on his contract and I really hope we can come up with the optimal plan that works for his development and in which he is happy to participate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Interracial lookalikes is a thing. I once saw a white woman in London who looked just like Kim Jong Un.

I do see the resemblance @Keyblade and I will die on this hill with you. Hopefully he will be a similarly good player, but with a better injury record.

I get this all the time my kids are mixed race people always say they look like their mother despite having my nose my eyes and affro hair, very few can see past colour when it comes to resemblance.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not many 17/18 year olds become starters in this league. From the top of my head I can think of Milner, Sterling, Owen, Rooney? All obviously exceptional talents. 

Any others ?

Fabregas, Rodwell, Wilshere, Ronaldo come to mind. 

Again, all big talents (except Rodwell ofc... wtf happened there)

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

With the plan for the academy and Purslows comments early this season I am 100% sure its a plan. I except the likes of Chuk, JPB, Kesler and Barry to get gametime next season. Ramsey will probably go out on loan.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any others ?

Gareth Barry 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully he shows loyalty to the club thata given him the opportunity to shine.

The way our youngsters are devloping we have one of the best in the country

He did leave Northampton already 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any others ?

G Barry, Jack, ?

Â