Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

What a load of nonsense. 

If there waa any truth to this garbage i wouldnt want him here anyway.  He needs to earn that starting spot

You should not be giving it any credence at all. It is unfair on the lad.

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seems legit.

Time to give him a few starts then once he's happy again a five year deal, with a  3 year option and stick him in the reserves for 8 years. That's how I deal with these matters.

Jose, is that you?

I think the better quality players you got, the more drivel you will see from the media. People just need to adapt to this and ignore it. If you're gonna get upset every time there is a talented youngster wants out article. Or Grealish will do this or that, move here or there. Then you'll get very tired, and not to mention tiresome to the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Football Insider were claiming last summer that Philogene-Bidace and Chukwuemeka were going to leave, and then again during the season just before both of them signed new contracts. Can't remember if it was also Football Insider, but earlier this year before signing his contract Aaron Ramsey was being linked with Ajax and Celtic, even Tyreik Wright was being linked to Celtic and Everton.

Point being that the media aren't very trustworthy when it comes to stories of our young players leaving, especially Football Insider, it seems like they take a lazy guess at what the situation might be, and then write a story based on that guess as if it's true.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think the better quality players you got, the more drivel you will see from the media. People just need to adapt to this and ignore it. If you're gonna get upset every time there is a talented youngster wants out article. Or Grealish will do this or that, move here or there. Then you'll get very tired, and not to mention tiresome to the rest of us.

While I agree with this it does seem to be more of our players getting these fake links. Leicester, West Ham are all ahead of us and is no constant links for Maddison, Tielemans or Soucek for example

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

While I agree with this it does seem to be more of our players getting these fake links. Leicester, West Ham are all ahead of us and is no constant links for Maddison, Tielemans or Soucek for example

I dunno about that. While I've heard nothing about Tielemans, I've seen plenty of "media stories" about Maddison going to Man Utd or Soucek to Bayern etc. I doubt we're alone in this.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think that's just because you focus on Villa stories as you're a Villa fan. For example, BBC's gossip column is leading with Man City chasing Rice and Soucek has been linked with Man Utd and PSG in recent weeks. I've also seen stuff about Liverpool being interested in Tielemens (or perhaps being "urged to sign" him) and Maddison has had constant links away for the past few seasons, mainly to Utd, I think it's only died down a bit recently because he's been out of the spotlight a bit more this season.

Â