Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

IF there is truth to this then serious questions will be asked and answered and we will move on probs none the wiser until Noel whelan or Hutton pipe up again with a clickbait rent a quote 

It seems to be catching on like wild fire this story.

Remind me of the Grealish to city or utd stories.. I am just surprised that it's one of our youth that's gaining this attention through the media, there must have been some other fans of other clubs taking note and deciding to write all this. As it stand the false most likely exposure is Great for the lad, especially if he kicks ass in the first team next season.

I don’t for a minute believe he’ll leave at the end of the season, but I’d like to see him get some minutes in the first team in the last few games. It might just show him that there is a route to the first team if he’s good enough.

That said I trust Dean Smith and I’m sure he’ll have already spoken to the U23s and they’ll know what’s expected. If Smith thinks he’s good enough to play, he’ll play when the time’s right. If he doesn’t? Then he’ll either keep developing here, or move if that’s what he really wants. 

• Like 1

Chukwuemeka isn't going to demand to leave if he doesn't play for the first team before the end of the season, it's not like he's being ignored, we will have a plan for him regarding a path into the first team, and he will know all about it, behind the scenes he and some of the other youngsters are getting more and more involved with the first team as stated by Delaney in one of his interiews on the official site. For somone aged seventeen he's doing well to be a regualr for the U23s and to have already made a few first team matchday squads.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think I speak for all of us who've been watching all the academy games when I say I felt really proud of Carney coming on - his total lack of anxiety was not a surprise whatsoever. This kid is going to be special. 

• Like 3

Â