Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Actually sod this - they are nothing alike. The only thing they have in common is their insistence on using the Welsh language. 

They have to both be speaking. Still pictures is how they throw you off their trail!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Nah I'm dying on this hill!

I 100% support this decision. I thank you for these posts, been crying tears of laughter here of the last pages 😂

• Like 1

Aston Villa value promising Man United target at €15m as Dortmund show serious interest

According to Sport Witness via a report from Bild (subscription required), Aston Villa would want a fee of around €15m (£12.9m) to part with breakthrough young talent Carney Chukwuemeka.

Bild report that Borussia Dortmund are very keen on the central midfielder, looking to the Austrian-born talent, whose also of Nigerian descent, as they search for another English talent to develop.

It’s added that Manchester United, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in the 17-year-old, who made his Premier League debut against Spurs last night.

All of the aforementioned sides have reportedly been ‘putting out feelers’ in their efforts to sound out a move for the England Under-18s international.

Sport Witness have also found via Bild that Chukwuemeka ‘plans to make the next step’ in his career if an opportunity comes about, as he prepares to kickstart his senior career after his recent breakthrough.

Villa value Man United target Carney Chukwuemeka at €15m (caughtoffside.com)

One the " valuation " and willingness to let him go, I call

Karl Pilkington Bullshit GIFs | Tenor

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villa value Man United target Carney Chukwuemeka at €15m (caughtoffside.com)

One the " valuation " and willingness to let him go, I call

Karl Pilkington Bullshit GIFs | Tenor

Yes it's very much the hallmark of our owners, having pumped in a shit ton of cash and especially in youth development, that when someone wants one of the better prospects that they immediately quote a figure because they need to make a quick buck, cos Villa is just a way to make some instant money. Nailed on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yes it's very much the hallmark of our owners, having pumped in a shit ton of cash and especially in youth development, that when someone wants one of the better prospects that they immediately quote a figure because they need to make a quick buck, cos Villa is just a way to make some instant money. Nailed on. 

It's almost as daft as saying.....(let's not go there) !!!

Teams could have signed him for nothing at the start of the season, if he was of the mind to leave and no doubt there would have been offers, but he decided to stay with us and sign a professional deal, which still has to two and a half years left. Truth of the matter is most of these stories are made up.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bravado aside - 2 years on his contract - everyone wants him - this may not work out...

If he's the sort of talent that is going to get hoovered up by a top CL team and offered first team football that quickly, we're going to have a hell of a team next season with him playing alongside Grealish.

I strongly suspect if he's playing well we'll offer him a proper big money contract and he'll want to take it. Even his agent will probably tell him to sign a new 3/4 year deal on PL player wages rather than continue on youth wages until the end of his contract here; you never know if Ben Mee is going to shatter your legs or your form will drop off and the big teams might not want him after all. It's a big gamble to miss 12-18 months of senior pro money in the hope of getting a big move a bit sooner.

If the top teams really want him, they'll come in for him whether he's got one year left on his contract or five years. 

People getting carried away here, moves to champions leage clubs, multi million pound valuations, he's only played ten minutes for us. Best to just ignore the usual clickbait websites and not keep falling for their made up stories. Of course if Chukwuemeak becomes as good as we hope then there will other clubs that want him, but that's the same for all our players, but for now he won't be going anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interracial lookalikes is a thing. I once saw a white woman in London who looked just like Kim Jong Un.

I do see the resemblance @Keyblade and I will die on this hill with you. Hopefully he will be a similarly good player, but with a better injury record.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Surely we can't give him first team football next season unless he signs a new deal.

The potential for him to have a huge year and sit there with 12 months left next summer puts us in a very weak position. 

22 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Looks like Jaden has been studying old Bob Fleming footage. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Tie him down to a 4-5 year contract

You can see the potential he has we need to sign him up long term

I'm sure I read something saying we can't sign him on a long term contract (4/5 years) until he's turned 18? No idea how true that is. Can sign players on a professional contract from the age of 17 but that contract can only be for 2/3 years. Could be complete bollocks though not sure.

35 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I'm sure I read something saying we can't sign him on a long term contract (4/5 years) until he's turned 18? No idea how true that is. Can sign players on a professional contract from the age of 17 but that contract can only be for 2/3 years. Could be complete bollocks though not sure.

I heard something similar. He turns 18 in Oct. I reckon he’ll sign a new contract next year.

• Like 1

Pretty confident he will stay with us a while longer.

I always remember David Platt saying that if the move / not move is the right decision for football - everything else will follow. 

Chase the big bucks early and it often doesn't work out. Dan Crowley anyone ?

Â