Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Would people accept buying Watkins and loaning Tammy for a season if that’s the best we could do?

I know some journalist mentioned Tammy on loan as an idea as Chelsea likely wouldn’t want to sell him but couldn’t guarantee him game time this season which is a problem in Euros year.

On the one hand I’m not a fan of loans but in the right circumstance are ok but then not having to fork out a big fee, still getting the player plus getting Watkins and see how he works out.  Allows us more money of top class wingers and other areas and if Watkins doesn’t blow us away or Wes doesn’t blow us away we can spend next close seasons transfer kitty on a striker plus we might be more attractive if we can end up with a good league position.

I’m still on the fence but it’s intriguing although only an idea.  For me getting Tammy perm is the best outcome but if not it’s intriguing this idea.

Only if we get a buy back clause in his contract.

Otherwise all we would be doing is raising his price tag if he did well. And also developing their own player, making them stronger.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Otherwise all we would be doing is raising his price tag if he did well. And also developing their own player, making them stronger.

Chelsea are a long way from being direct competitors of ours.

If he's the best striker we can get this summer and it's on loan we'd also be strengthening our team and saving the money to go into a future kitty where we'd hopefully be able to get someone better. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

satire

[ˈsaˌtī(ə)r]

NOUN

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Ha yes!

That was very message board meta.

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

but for us it would allow us to see if Watkins and/or Wes step up over the season and allow us to spend more money on other areas (like wingers) this close season.  If neither step up we could buy a top notch striker next season instead.

I’m not so fussed about developing their player to be honest because it allows us to assess our two players while also not forking out a big fee but we still have a quality striker for a season who already knows us well and will be looking to impress to get an England place for Euros.

i’m mulling it over but seems a win all around depending on our other options plus if either Wes or Watkins have a fabulous season we don’t need to fork out next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Are you mad?

Werner are streets ahead of him. It's not even close.

Just not Mr. Current Affairs. I was unaware he'd moved to Chelsea.

That's great news as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't make Tammy any less a player.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If we loaned Tammy again and agreed a fee with Chelsea before a potential loan. It's called a "Buy Out Clause" not a "Buy Back Clause"

Edited by Villan4Life

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hoped we’ve learnt from this ‘we’re not developing other teams players’ nonsense. If it’s a whole team of youngsters on loan I got it. But the odd loan to make us a stronger squad should not be ruled out! 

I’m almost certain we won’t be doing that (loaning youngsters in that is)

Edited by mikeyp102

6 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'd go with Betty, but I'd be thinking of Wilma...

A fellow VT'er and RD'er, we are an exclusive group!! Maybe we should consider a major, and I mean major leaflet campaign to find other possible members

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

If we loaned Tammy again and agreed a fee with Chelsea before a potential loan. It's called a "Buy Out Clause" not a "Buy Back Clause"

You got my hopes up. Thought you were going to mention a cracking player 

38 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Thoughts on Watkins? Would you like to see us sign him & do you think we’d play him CF or on the wings?

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would anyone have Idrissa Gueye back? Apparently PSG open to him leaving?

Would actually be a perfect signing with the midfield options we have now (compared to 2015).

Doubt he'll want to drop much from CL/europa though.

13 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You really think there's even a remote chance AEG would go to Brentford? I just can't see it. 

Why not? He had a great time skinning Championship defenders, scoring goals etc in our promotion push. They improve players there as a rule, he might yet crack it at Prem level and a good route there might be Brentford.