Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I think there will be some absolute bargains to be had as we come toward the end of the window. Particularly in the last little bit when you can still do business with Championship clubs. I think that’s why things have been a bit slow. Some Championship clubs will be desperate for cash and will maybe looking to offload their higher earners. Up front payments could become very attractive.

Based on the above and absolutely nothing else, I think we will sign the Stoke keeper on a free transfer or nominal fee.

5 hours ago, joshharris12 said:

Saw him in london just before the start of our first championship season asked him if would join villa he laughed and said have you saw the state of you lot lately 🤮

Might be nice to bump into him again now.....😎

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Based on the above and absolutely nothing else, I think we will sign the Stoke keeper on a free transfer or nominal fee.

Not a bad shout, but may depend on how the medical staff regard Tom Heaton’s fitness progress and his long term prospect of staying fit. We would also look in detail at Butland to see if he’s still as good as he was 12 months ago. 

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Based on zero logic but i wouldn't be shocked to see will hughes wind up here by the end of the window. I think he's a really good footballer and Shakespeare rates him highly. He won't stay at Watford, surely. Improves our midfield.

Interesting. I watched a bit of Watford towards the end and he always played well. He’s a bit spikey too which we badly need. Decent shout that

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Interesting. I watched a bit of Watford towards the end and he always played well. He’s a bit spikey too which we badly need. Decent shout that

Watford fans really like him. They only want to keep 2/3 from their current squad and he is one of them. 

I don’t know too much about him other than he would improve us and he’s miles better than Hourihane and Lansbury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Still a great player capable of solid top tier contributions.

Genius flick-on touches and runs, great technique and poised when finishing, calm at all times. Deserved WC winner in '18. 

The same Giroud that Arsenal fan thought wasn't good enough to be their first choice striker. Giroud is and was a good stiker but never been anywhere near world class. Back up at a top team is his level! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

The same Giroud that Arsenal fan thought wasn't good enough to be their first choice striker. Giroud is and was a good stiker but never been anywhere near world class. Back up at a top team is his level! 

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

On the BBC transfer rumours round up it says Chelsea want to raise £65m to buy Declan Rice.  We can help them with that by buying Tammy.  Not sure what other fringe players could interest us.

We could look at loaning any of the following, along with taking Abraham: 

Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu, Hudson-Odoi, Tomori

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

We could look at loaning any of the following, along with taking Abraham: 

Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu, Hudson-Odoi, Tomori

Nah, we don't need loan signings anymore unless there is an option to buy included.

We have our own players to develop and improve, we don't need to be doing it for other clubs anymore.

The only loan signings I would be looking at are young players with options to buy, or older, experienced players where it's not worth taking on a large contract and a year's loan will improve us.

• Like 1

Ampadu could tick some boxes for us. Real competition / cover for Konsa as right sided centre back and can compete with Douglas Luiz in the pivot role.

I would only want him on a permanent basis though. Hasn’t had a proper chance at Chelsea and didn’t get many games at RB on loan this season. Chelsea are incredibly weak at the back at the moment though so you would think he would be one they hang on to. Depends who  they bring in. If Lampard has to win trophies then he would probably prefer to get players with more experience in his back line.

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

65m for Declan Rice...

Wow. I'm going to take the chinny amendment on this one. If Declan Rice is worth 65m then Jack is worth more than West Ham.

How about £30m for Ainsley Maitland-Niles :crylaugh:

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

On the BBC transfer rumours round up it says Chelsea want to raise £65m to buy Declan Rice.  We can help them with that by buying Tammy.  Not sure what other fringe players could interest us.

On rice - I'll be honest and say I don't watch that much of him but from what I have seen his off the ball movement isn't good enough for a top class DMC, he doesn't make himself available for the ball enough

watching busqeuts for years and thinking he's one of the best to ever play the role the guy he spends 90% of a game in a position that's a simple 10 yard pass for a team mate and can then play another simple 10 yard pass to someone else, it's an under appreciated part of the role and rice hasn't got it

• Like 1