Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 hours ago, Philosopher said:

15 goals and 3 assists in the 3rd placed attack minded Chelsea is not good enough. Kane would score double that if he was in that team. Rashford would hit over 20.  Abraham is good but I think most Villa fans overrate him because of one good championship season for us. He lost his place to the 32 year Giroud!

The Kid Mero Omg GIF by Desus & Mero

13 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Where did I say he was shite, what I'm saying is he is overrated and not worth 40m, at 30m I'd just about take him! At anything above that I'd rather Watkins at 20m to 25m.

Has @villalad21created. A new account? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Borini never played particularly well in Serie A. He only really ever excelled in the Championship with Swansea 

Scored 9 22 for roma , other better examples would be Luis Alberto , danilo , Szczesny,  it’s a far cry from the serie a it was 12-15 years ago!

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Smalling was in the team last season when they beat Juve away.

Anyone doubting his quality as a defender doesn't have a clue about football.

Phil Jones is a different story. He's genuinely a s*** footballer.

Either way I doubt we would be able to afford his wages, yes we have money but this guy would command more wages than Grealish and Mings combined, hence the reason he had to move on loan and the fact that utd wanted silly money for him

Based on zero logic but i wouldn't be shocked to see will hughes wind up here by the end of the window. I think he's a really good footballer and Shakespeare rates him highly. He won't stay at Watford, surely. Improves our midfield.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Based on zero logic but i wouldn't be shocked to see will hughes wind up here by the end of the window. I think he's a really good footballer and Shakespeare rates him highly. He won't stay at Watford, surely. Improves our midfield.

I wouldn't hate it. Good shout.

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Saw him in london just before the start of our first championship season asked him if would join villa he laughed and said have you saw the state of you lot lately 🤮

10 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Davis isn't at Wesley's level. He can hold it up better and is a bit quicker, but Wesley's link up play and finishing is way ahead. 

Davis just hits the ball at the target. A proper finisher looks at the keepers positioning, prefers to hit across the keeper, and doesn't let on where the ball is going. Wesleys weakness for me is his heading, which isn't weak, but for a man his size it should be a strength, which I can’t say it is.

We need to send Davis on loan for a season he needs to go to the championship and be first choice. He needs games and finishing coaching and he can become a proper premier  league  player. But being our third choice isn't going to benefit him anymore.

Davis didn't play at top level as Wesley did. He didn't even play for us that much. I'm not sure that Davis is far away from Wesley, I just think that Davis has a great talent. I don't mind sending him out on loan and keep Wesley for this season, but realistically the only players would get us money without them being potential starters are Wesley and Trez. So I'd prefer to get someone as Tammy or Eduard if his money would help on that. I agree with the need of Davis to be a first choice player, but I also think if we're selling Wes to get someone better then I won't mind Davis having his part. Or just keep Samatta as a 3rd choice and send Davis on loan.

20 hours ago, Philosopher said:

15 goals and 3 assists in the 3rd placed attack minded Chelsea is not good enough. Kane would score double that if he was in that team. Rashford would hit over 20.  Abraham is good but I think most Villa fans overrate him because of one good championship season for us. He lost his place to the 32 year Giroud!

I don't think we can read it that way. Christian Benteke was possibly our best striker in the last two decades, yet Liverpool consider him as a castoff. Abraham didn't even start all of Chelsea's games. 32 years isn't a big issue at the moment, many players are playing longer nowadays, and with right attitude and right team you can benefit from even older than that. It's just the finance in our side that make us look at the age more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

One of the things with Abraham is that he is still on an upward trajectory in terms of his development and probably about 3 years off his prime. 

He is a very good player right now, but with the right development could be worth twice whatever we'd need to pay for him now. So if he's available it is a no brainer to go for him. 

However I think the wages he'd be after would be skywards of 150k and I don't see the club going down that route at this stage. 

The other thing is that he's familiar with us, shown us what he can do. He also showed that he could score regularly in the PL too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Tammy was 9th in goals per 90 minutes last season with basically the same output as Jesus, Aubameyang, and the aforementioned Kane. Rashford was 14th but in the same area around .6 per 90.

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

Why not? He had a great time skinning Championship defenders, scoring goals etc in our promotion push. They improve players there as a rule, he might yet crack it at Prem level and a good route there might be Brentford.

I just don't see him thinking he's championship material. If he moves from here I bet it will be Italy. 

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don't think we can read it that way. Christian Benteke was possibly our best striker in the last two decades, yet Liverpool consider him as a castoff. Abraham didn't even start all of Chelsea's games. 32 years isn't a big issue at the moment, many players are playing longer nowadays, and with right attitude and right team you can benefit from even older than that. It's just the finance in our side that make us look at the age more.

He’s 34 next month

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

No I was right first time - per week. I will now respectfully duck out of any chatter about wages as I am quite flaky!

I think you were pretty accurate. I'm sure I've read that Jack's currently on £70,000 pw and his new contract offer is £100,000 pw. That's not a great deal of money for the top players in the PL and we need to accept that we now need to pay the wages, that the quality of player that we need to attract/retain, will expect to receive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

He’s 34 next month

Still a great player capable of solid top tier contributions.

Genius flick-on touches and runs, great technique and poised when finishing, calm at all times. Deserved WC winner in '18. 

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1