Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, John said:

You take a chance on players like that at the right price and if they come off it will prove well worth it. He would not be the only flop we have signed and we wouldn't be risking millions. As I've said in the past, the last striker we signed from Dundee United, worked out very well. ;)

Oh Yes!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Doucoure has gone downhill massively. Hughes one of the only Watford players to perform well regularly last season by all accounts. I'd have him. 

ok, fine.

1 hour ago, John said:

Does anyone else think that Lawrence Shankland, may be worth us having a punt on during this window?

He's 25 this month, scored 28 goals for Dundee United last season and is a full international. He wouldn't cost too much and would be an option on our bench next season. Our very own John McGinn said last year, "I’ve been watching Lawrence Shankland in training (with Scotland) and learning how to finish!"

a hit rate of a goal in 1.91games in 274 games in his career 24......got to be worth a punt ,if the price is right.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

a hit rate of a goal in 1.91games in 274 games in his career 24......got to be worth a punt ,if the price is right.

Exactly. If the price is right. He's scored goals at a level that's comparable to league 1 so price would need to reflect that.

28 minutes ago, John said:

You take a chance on players like that at the right price and if they come off it will prove well worth it. He would not be the only flop we have signed and we wouldn't be risking millions. As I've said in the past, the last striker we signed from Dundee United, worked out very well. ;)

spacer.png

• Like 1

I believe the watkins deal has been done according to my contact..paper work has to be sent in and deal should be done by wednesday..22m+addons..he wasnt too sure on behnrama..early days with him

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I believe the watkins deal has been done according to my contact..paper work has to be sent in and deal should be done by wednesday..22m+addons..he wasnt too sure on behnrama..early days with him

Your contact is agent dave, isn't it ?

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Looking at where our targets seem to lie, do we think this?

Watkins & Benrahma - 45m

DM/CM - 25m?

LB/RB - 15-20m?

GK - 15m?

trying to be Conservative and assume we will spend somewhere around the 100m mark?

Can’t see us dropping £15m on a keeper. 

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would favour Abdoulaye Doucoure.

I would like Deulofeu if we’re getting Watford midfield players... but I think he’s injured so couldn’t pass a medical and would likely be £25m(?) which is a lot to spend when he might not be there for the start of the season and/or fully recover. 

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would like Deulofeu if we’re getting Watford midfield players... but I think he’s injured so couldn’t pass a medical and would likely be £25m(?) which is a lot to spend when he might not be there for the start of the season and/or fully recover. 

Good player but I think he's out for the rest of 2020.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He's very flaky. I've never got the hype with him. Like i said if we'd a chance to take anyone off Watford it's Hughes. A really good footballer that probably goes for around 10 million or so. He gave an age in the championship with Derby, i don't think he wants to play in it again. Well used to the hustle and bustle of the premier league. These silly signings like Nakamba need to be a thing of the past. If players like Will Hughes become available, we should be all over that.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Good player but I think he's out for the rest of 2020.

Ah, was his injury that bad? I agree we probably shouldn’t risk that much money on a player out for so long. Especially since recoveries can be very varied and not guaranteed. 

I suppose if they want him of their wage bill and we could get him for a lot less money then maybe it’s worth the gamble.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He's very flaky. I've never got the hype with him. Like i said if we'd a chance to take anyone off Watford it's Hughes. A really good footballer that probably goes for around 10 million or so. He gave an age in the championship with Derby, i don't think he wants to play in it again. Well used to the hustle and bustle of the premier league. These silly signings like Nakamba need to be a thing of the past. If players like Will Hughes become available, we should be all over that.

I watched a few games with Deulofeu last season and was quit impressed. He’s quite quick and good at running with the ball and taking on players... Something we could probably do with. 

Edited by alreadyexists

Leon Bailey has changed agents to secure a prem move and his fee is now believe fo £25-£30 million ... Would  he be a better option than Benrhama for a similar fee?

EAB84673-48A1-4F55-9F59-EC94A271834F.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2