Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s more of not having McGinn than Wesley actually.

I think Davis is the best out of the 3. Not writing Wes off yet, but I don’t think he’s a lone striker. Davis was unlucky not to start in our easiest games. Can’t be judged against Liverpool or Chelsea. 

For me I’d sell Samatta, I won’t be against selling Wes in a reasonable price. I’d be happy for Davis to play a part. But we can’t go to the season with only two fit striker.

I think that Davis is poor and looks like a rabbit caught in a headlight when in front of goal. It's OK being physically strong but you also need finesse, skill, vision, awareness and many other things to be a striker. Davis lacks most of them. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Sorry mate, I rarely ever pick on posts anymore as it's a pretty futile exercise and it's all opinion at the end of the day which we're all entitled to.

I seen enough from him to suggest he was indeed good enough.  He had more bad games than good for sure but you can't dismiss the good as easily as you appear to have.

Did you watch the full 90 mins of the Everton game?  He was absolutely superb that night and looked excellent against Burnley before the assault.  I thought he was building up a head of steam before that game and during if I'm honest and it was just typical Villa luck that we lost him.

ED4D7173-2533-4818-8A31-78CD40AA2377.jpeg

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Chris Smalling is a good defender though.

Killing it in Serie A

Would love him but unfortunately he’s a 100 grand a week type and I don’t think we’re quite there yet.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

As exhaustively covered in other threads, when we were relegated a lot of our foreign imports went on to do well with other teams.

We have to stop this belief that players will come in from overseas and be able to deal with what the Premiership throws at them in one season, there is a good chance players like Wes, Nakamba, even Trez and El Ghazi will actually improve in their second season, they also might not, but flogging them on the cheap is pointless.

Yup 

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Tammy won’t come here, he is a champions league striker.

As much as I like him, he definitely isn’t a champions league striker. He’s a good, Premier League level striker. One I wish we had in our side. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Up to 40m I'd buy, over I'd pass.  Sadly,  I think Chelsea would want more, probably 45m+

I think Tammy would be priceless, well worth the spend. If he was actually our player the sky's the limit - he's attached to Chelsea but if he severed ties and was motivated at Villa then he has every potential to become an incredible striker - let alone where he is right now, and that is a striker who scores in the prem. When it comes to prem purchases - he's a very safe option regardless of the money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as I like him, he definitely isn’t a champions league striker. He’s a good, Premier League level striker. One I wish we had in our side. 

What rubbish.

I’m sure Tammy and the rest of his coaching staff that are professionals believe that he is more than capable Champions League player.

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

What rubbish.

I’m sure Tammy and the rest of his coaching staff that are professionals believe that he is more than capable Champions League player.

Funny that cause most Chelsea fans can't wait for Werner replacing him.

Most Chelsea fans don't believe he is good enough.

17 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Tammy won’t come here, he is a champions league striker.

Never say never with media floating around that Lampard and that are reluctantly denying Tammy a better contract that falls in line with Odoi.

If Tammy is unhappy with that then a club approach could set things off and we would be best to do it while things are unsettled between he and chelsea.

Personally I dont think chelsea will give into him till after next season and that's if he goes on to score a huge amount and for the right fee he could be anybody's.