Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Too soon? Ah well.

Linked with Crystal Palace Norwegian striker Alexander Sörloth who is on loan at Trabzonspor in Turkey and having a great season.

He certainly fits our profile as he's previously played in Belgium and we have been linked to tons of players from the Turkish league.

Probably not thou, right.

BBC Sport gossip column reporting a link:

Chelsea, Aston Villa and Newcastle United are all interested in signing Wigan left-back Antonee Robinson after the 22-year-old United States international saw a transfer deadline-day move to AC Milan fall through. (Mirror)

image.gif

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Too soon? Ah well.

Linked with Crystal Palace Norwegian striker Alexander Sörloth who is on loan at Trabzonspor in Turkey and having a great season.

He certainly fits our profile as he's previously played in Belgium and we have been linked to tons of players from the Turkish league.

Probably not thou, right.

Another big lump just like Wesley..great.

So fed up with immobile target men.

raiding relegated clubs gems should be first on our transfer agenda. Low hanging fruits such as Delafeo, Arrons, Cantwell and Dunk just as squad filler.

Also you have talent from leeds who will undoubtably fall away again. Phillips won't want another pre season of fell running thats for sure.

After that the marquee can begin!

If we survive, and of course Leeds fall apart again, Kalvin Phillips should be a priority. Then a prolific or potentially prolific finisher, a winger with raw pace, an experienced centre half and full backs.

Just now, nick76 said:

Given he will be still at Villa, it will be easier than you think...replace Jack with Jack!

As I said just my opinion that he'll move on we can revisit come the summer and see, I just think he's had a taste of the PL now and we won't be able to offer what he wants for a while yet.

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I don't think he will be just my opinion, he's ambitious and will want to play at a big club probably playing CL football, very hard for us to replace.

but you dont know what he's thinking!  He's maybe having conversations with the owners and want to grow with the club over the next few seasons and he will then still have time to move if we havent progressed to his satisfaction. 

Who knows what the owners are going to do next, they maybe happy at this level but they are giving impressions that they want to compete higher up the table.  That is a massive aim I know but outside of the big two, most of the other teams arent that special.  Even Sheff Utd are 5th after 2/3's of the season.

10 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I don't think he will be just my opinion, he's ambitious and will want to play at a big club probably playing CL football, very hard for us to replace.

A big club? Are you taking the piss?

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

but you dont know what he's thinking!  He's maybe having conversations with the owners and want to grow with the club over the next few seasons and he will then still have time to move if we havent progressed to his satisfaction. 

Who knows what the owners are going to do next, they maybe happy at this level but they are giving impressions that they want to compete higher up the table.  That is a massive aim I know but outside of the big two, most of the other teams arent that special.  Even Sheff Utd are 5th after 2/3's of the season.

Neither do you we are both just giving an opinion and speculating on it, maybe he's already having conversations with other clubs! As you say you just don't know what is going on. I just feel he'll want bigger things than we can't offer.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Well this thread was a mistake. If only there was some other thread where we could discuss if Grealish stays or not.

Haha just like the mid season winter break. With no football we are just debating negative things from Grealish "definitely" leaving apparently, we should have a better manager apparently.....even I've got into the Davis debate a little too hard.  Without football, it lets the demons into our brains to eat at each other.....roll on the weekend!

• Like 1

Just now, zab6359 said:

Neither do you we are both just giving an opinion and speculating on it, maybe he's already having conversations with other clubs! As you say you just don't know what is going on. I just feel he'll want bigger things than we can't offer.

but why think like that?  I'm genuinely curious! 

He cant leave until the summer, he's got a longish contract with us, he's a Villa fan, the club are going in the right direction (from championship to PL).  We have rich owners that apparently have a plan, we have a great and experienced chairman, we have a really good manager (some are debating this), the premier league is wide open below 2nd place, we have the base and tradition to be a big club again and apart from Jack saying if we hadnt had got promoted he wouldnt be here (which could mean he was sold or that he'd want away - we dont know which) it all seems positive. 

There are only a few clubs that could afford him realistically and are they interested yet at the value we would be quoting is debatable and does he want to move just yet.  Players see other players moving too early and the impact it has on their career and Jack is still young and another season here, he knows will benefit him.....Haaland couldve gone to a big club but went to a mid sized club because he knew he still needed to develop however good they are....and it will mean rather than going to Man U this January he'll get a top club in his next move in most likely 18 months time.

The other thing is, we have to agree to sell him.  Yes players have the power these days but we still have him under contract so we still have a little power so if clubs dont pay the money he isnt going anywhere.