Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

35 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Rice is a jobbing spoiler with a good attitude. If he's worth 65m Jack is worth 300m. I agree, it doesn't matter. Jack will stay.

That is not true. Declan Rice is a quality player only going to get better and better and better.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That is not true. Declan Rice is a quality player only going to get better and better and better.

I think he's a good player but you're overhyping him. But I'm not really bothered to be honest and West Ham can ask what they like for him. We already have a better player in his position.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's quality and he's the sort of player that I would love to see playing for us, but that sort of fee is currently well beyond us. £65m is a lot of money (probably £15m, too much in my opinion), but you would expect that from Sullivan, Brady and the Golds. 

I hope that before too long, we will spend £20m - £35m, on two wide players, a midfielder and a striker, but it's all quiet on the transfer front at the moment.  

Does anyone else think that Lawrence Shankland, may be worth us having a punt on during this window?

He's 25 this month, scored 28 goals for Dundee United last season and is a full international. He wouldn't cost too much and would be an option on our bench next season. Our very own John McGinn said last year, "I’ve been watching Lawrence Shankland in training (with Scotland) and learning how to finish!"

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John said:

Does anyone else think that Lawrence Shankland, may be worth us having a punt on during this window?

He's 25 this month, scored 28 goals for Dundee United last season and is a full international. He wouldn't cost too much and would be an option on our bench next season. Our very own John McGinn said last year, "I’ve been watching Lawrence Shankland in training (with Scotland) and learning how to finish!"

It’s a good shout John, I know nothing about him and I’ve not seen him play (to my knowledge). Dundee are playing Motherwell at 3, maybe I’ll tune in and scout him a bit!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s a good shout John, I know nothing about him and I’ve not seen him play (to my knowledge). Dundee are playing Motherwell at 3, maybe I’ll tune in and scout him a bit!

Shankland has amassed some serious numbers in the goal scoring department but it's all been in the second tier in Scottish football. Have to see how he goes this season.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Shankland has amassed some serious numbers in the goal scoring department but it's all been in the second tier in Scottish football. Have to see how he goes this season.

Ah, this is his first season in the SPL? Will be very interesting to see how he does

Was just looking at the Juventus squad after their elimination last night and was wondering what happened to Mandzukic.

Seems he went to Qatar but only played a few times and they released him from his contract a few weeks ago.

Since linked to Beskitas, Fenerbache, Inter Milan. Benevento, Verona and Fiorentina. He is 34 but has tremendous experienced in many leagues, could be a decent short term fix.

16 hours ago, nick76 said:

Would people accept buying Watkins and loaning Tammy for a season if that’s the best we could do?

I know some journalist mentioned Tammy on loan as an idea as Chelsea likely wouldn’t want to sell him but couldn’t guarantee him game time this season which is a problem in Euros year.

On the one hand I’m not a fan of loans but in the right circumstance are ok but then not having to fork out a big fee, still getting the player plus getting Watkins and see how he works out.  Allows us more money of top class wingers and other areas and if Watkins doesn’t blow us away or Wes doesn’t blow us away we can spend next close seasons transfer kitty on a striker plus we might be more attractive if we can end up with a good league position.

I’m still on the fence but it’s intriguing although only an idea.  For me getting Tammy perm is the best outcome but if not it’s intriguing this idea.

Would sign up for that right now no problem.

Tammy the proven option and Watkins can adapt to the league out wide and without having the pressure of immediately having to be our goalscoring number 9 that really impacted on Wesley this time last year.

I'd be really surprised if we did any better than that and it's so important we get some sort of proven option upfront.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mallett said:

Ampadu could tick some boxes for us. Real competition / cover for Konsa as right sided centre back and can compete with Douglas Luiz in the pivot role.

I would only want him on a permanent basis though. Hasn’t had a proper chance at Chelsea and didn’t get many games at RB on loan this season. Chelsea are incredibly weak at the back at the moment though so you would think he would be one they hang on to. Depends who  they bring in. If Lampard has to win trophies then he would probably prefer to get players with more experience in his back line.

Pretty sure Ampadu was linked with a loan move last summer. Went to Leipzig for the season but didn't play a huge amount. Can play as CB or defensive midfield and needs regular games with Euros coming up.

1 hour ago, John said:

The knifes will be out early if he were to flop.

48 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If he continues to find the back of the net, anywhere near as often, his fee will hit the roof. Now might be the time to make a bid. He looks a natural finisher, from what little bit that I've seen of him to date. Hopefully our scouts have been/will be looking at him, on those rare days,  they are not watching games in Belgium.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It's Dundee Utd. Wrote a post about him a load of pages back. Incredible goal scorer to the point where he got an international call up whilst in the Scottish championship. Last player to get that was John McGinn. Big season for him as everyone is waiting to see if he can do it in the top league. We (Utd) played two prem teams last season and he scored against both of them. Scores all kinds of goals but isn't particularly fast or anything, just a natural goal scorer. Before us he was at Ayr Utd and had an equally incredible record with a much smaller team so basically....the boy knows where the net is. **** leave him with us for another season though! Edited to say he's out with a knock today.

Edited by ForfarVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, dounavilla said:

The knifes will be out early if he were to flop.

You take a chance on players like that at the right price and if they come off it will prove well worth it. He would not be the only flop we have signed and we wouldn't be risking millions. As I've said in the past, the last striker we signed from Dundee United, worked out very well. ;)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Based on zero logic but i wouldn't be shocked to see will hughes wind up here by the end of the window. I think he's a really good footballer and Shakespeare rates him highly. He won't stay at Watford, surely. Improves our midfield.

I would favour Abdoulaye Doucoure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

Before us he was at us he was at Ayr Utd and had an equally incredible record with a much smaller team so basically....the boy knows where the net is. **** leave him with us for another season though!

:D How about we loan him back to you for a season or half a season? 

• Like 3