Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we could get 20m for wes id happily try tempt  chelsea with a 40m offer.

Think the days of Chelsea doubling other teams offers have gone

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Realistically? Or in a dream world.

In a dream world i'd have Watkins, Abraham and Davis as our options. Selling Samatta and Wesley.

Realistically our options will be Davis, Watkins, Wesley and Samatta. Which is at least one too many.

Fair enough. I feel that in either of your options we would be one light.

Without derailing the thread;

An injury to Tammy in your "dream scenario" and we're left with a guy unproven at this level and a guy that struggles for goals.

In your realistic option I would still keep all 4 and hope that they all can step up to the plate at times during the season but I would have considerable doubts. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Apparently Newcastle (and Milan) are interested in Wilmar Barrios who is looking to leave Zenit.

Now there is a guy who would add a bit of steel and aggression to our midfield.

19Wilma.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Realistically? Or in a dream world.

In a dream world i'd have Watkins, Abraham and Davis as our options. Selling Samatta and Wesley.

Realistically our options will be Davis, Watkins, Wesley and Samatta. Which is at least one too many.

Interesting coming from a leeds fan like  yourself💩😂

Don't like the idea of selling Wesley, especially at the price reported. I know it's been a while since we've seen him, but I'd have thought six months of El Ghazi, Vassilev, Davis and Samatta playing striker for us would've opened more eyes on how "bad" Wesley actually was.

ASTON VILLA PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON

WITH WESLEY (21 matches)

Goals per match: 1.29
xGoals per match: 1.12

WITHOUT WESLEY (17 matches)

Goals per match: 0.82
xGoals per match: 0.96

It's not a coincidence.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Don't like the idea of selling Wesley, especially at the price reported. I know it's been a while since we've seen him, but I'd have thought six months of El Ghazi, Vassilev, Davis and Samatta playing striker for us would've opened more eyes on how "bad" Wesley actually was.

WITH WESLEY (21 matches)

WITHOUT WESLEY (17 matches)

Goals per match: 0.82
xGoals per match: 0.96

It's not a coincidence.

I really think it is a coincidence. We became far more defensive as the season progressed, as we were way too open and conceding goals for fun. The knock-on effect of this change was that we created less, and so, scored fewer goals.

Nothing to do with Wesley's absence IMO. Let's not forget he went nearly 15 games without scoring before the Burnley game in which he got injured.

I would sell Wesley in a heartbeat for anything above 10m. 
He's not very good and may even be worse after his ligament injury. 

He's a classic case of a player getting better on Villatalk whilst out injured. Honestly? I think he's rubbish. (sorry). 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would anyone have Idrissa Gueye back? Apparently PSG open to him leaving?

Thought he was excellent for us in a shit team.  Was class for Everton as well.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would not lose money on Wesley.

I have a hunch he will still come good, Like Luiz has.....but unless the injury is worse than we thought, I think he still has potential to realise......We still need a main striker, but Wes can fight his way in and prove his worth.

We have a new assistant coach now so dedicated training/coaching might be a thing moving forward....Wesley can get better in a better side.

Clubs who want to steal players from us.... can do one.

Exactly.  We are (generalising) far too quick to write off players, especially young ones new to the country.  He hasn't even had a full season. 

Certainly get in a baller first choice please, but Wes deserves more time and without the pressure of being a record signing and (pretty much) only choice, he could come good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's a classic case of a player getting better on Villatalk whilst out injured.  

Or that not everybody on Villatalk have already written off a young player who played half a season yet - even before he stopped playing?

And saw flashes of promise, such as in the very last game he played for us before he got Injured?

Either way, we already know how you, Kenji, and DC Jonah etc feel about him so we don't need to be reminded that he is the worst but of business since Bosko Balaban on every other page 🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I really think it is a coincidence. We became far more defensive as the season progressed, as we were way too open and conceding goals for fun. The knock-on effect of this change was that we created less, and so, scored fewer goals.

Nothing to do with Wesley's absence IMO. Let's not forget he went nearly 15 games without scoring before the Burnley game in which he got injured.

We didn't change our approach until after the restart, so let's compare our numbers with Wes and without him BEFORE the restart.

WITH WESLEY (21 matches)

WITHOUT WESLEY (7 matches)

Goals per match: 1.00
xGoals per match: 0.95

If you still think it's a coincidence it's only because you want to believe it so.