Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 hours ago, John said:

Marc wouldn't currently be a target for many of us, but he has my respect for how he's performed since he had to leave the club that he supports. He has been terrific on a consistent basis for a good Leicester side and he works very hard from box to box. Yes, there are younger, more expensive and probably better players to be had during this window, but we could do a lot worse.

Marc is also one of our own and statistics do not always prove beyond doubt, the true worth of a player to a football club.  Should he end up back at Villa Park, one thing that we could be sure of, would be that his commitment, would match our own, if we were also good enough to wear our shirt on the pitch. We sadly can't say that about every player that has worn our shirt.           

I would love Albrighton back, he'd definitely improve our team and his commitment like you say is second to none. He's just not the 15+ goal scorer the person I was replying to was talking about.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Apparently Newcastle (and Milan) are interested in Wilmar Barrios who is looking to leave Zenit.

Now there is a guy who would add a bit of steel and aggression to our midfield.

People going on about we need steel and aggression in the team and I'm just thinking why dont we just sign (Frank Castle)

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

People going on about we need steel and aggression in the team and I'm just thinking why dont we just sign (Frank Castle)

Isn't he always injured?

1 minute ago, sne said:

Isn't he always injured?

Yeah but he always gets back up from it and carrys on.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm being genuine now when I say this - I've heard the first signing will be Watkins and it will be next Wednesday. 

Dance Bear GIF by JAMKOO

Could we make it this afternoon, or failing that tomorrow instead? :)

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can't have 4 strikers in the squad when we only play one up top.

That's absolutely mad.

I'd personally rather be over stocked than risk being in a position where we are putting El Ghazi up top. End of the day goals win games. Of the 4 I selected Watkins is obviously capable of playing wide and Wesley is returning from a lengthy lay-off so a slight risk whether he hits the ground running. We also need good competition for places. Say Wesley goes 5 games without scoring then he needs to feel the pressure of someone fighting for his place. Also, I would hope that Smith will be a bit more versatile with his formations. I'd love him to mix it up so we're not as predictable to other teams. I'd like a 4-1-3-2 or 4-2-3-1 formation as options alongside the one we currently play. 

How many strikers would you have in the squad? Which ones? 

3 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

How many strikers would you have in the squad? Which ones? 

Realistically? Or in a dream world.

In a dream world i'd have Watkins, Abraham and Davis as our options. Selling Samatta and Wesley.

Realistically our options will be Davis, Watkins, Wesley and Samatta. Which is at least one too many.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Happens to me with VT as well.

Bad gateway can be many things, server overload, somebody changing something on the site, network error, DNS... loads of things.

Where I work it's usually because I've uploaded something I shouldn't...

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Newcastle (and Milan) are interested in Wilmar Barrios who is looking to leave Zenit.

Now there is a guy who would add a bit of steel and aggression to our midfield.

El Rocko 2.0?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I can't tell what's satire any more.

satire

[ˈsaˌtī(ə)r]

NOUN

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.