Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Striker in struggling with terrible service shocker. 

He's no world beater, but what's he supposed to do when nobody can play a decent ball into him?

That's because el ghazi wasn't playing

23 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not been at the club very long (when you factor in lockdown and no training) to be able to link up well and find his way tbf. 

It just seems to me smith has no idea how to get the best out of him. To be samatta looks good in the air but we have rarely played to his strengths. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I had big hopes for him for the restart, I thought he was going to be the main man and fire us to safety. In fact he looks massively unfit.

Loads and loads of players look massively unfit to me in pretty much every team I've watched.  It's a farce that professional sportsmen are having to perform in these circumstances really.  Samatta might have a chance if we got some crosses onto his head roughly round the penalty spot which seems to be where his talent lies from what I've seen.  Personally I'd rather have someone technical like Jota in the front 3 at the moment while the physical aspect of the game has taken a hit and have Samatta and Davis rotating.

We move the ball far too slow for our strikers to have a chance. Other teams I have watched, even lower league teams are playing with more pace and urgency than us.  That's down to Smith , too scared of losing

Edited by PaulC

He’s not great but for the money we paid he is ok. He is only really our third choice striker and he will score goals if we ever get any decent wingers. He seems to have a good attitude too which will help him to improve 

Looks low on confidence but we are also not playing to his strengths , we don't get enough cross's into the box to use his heading ability and we don't play balls for him to run unto .He is ok at holding the ball up but its not his strength.

19 hours ago, lexicon said:

Striker in struggling with terrible service shocker. 

He's no world beater, but what's he supposed to do when nobody can play a decent ball into him?

I like him but he was dreadful yesterday. The ball was bouncing off him. Service or no service - he couldn’t even get a shot off when their defender played him through.

But I feel for him moving to a new country then immediate lockdown - wouldn’t expect him to be in form right now.

3 hours ago, Nabby said:

Looks low on confidence but we are also not playing to his strengths , we don't get enough cross's into the box to use his heading ability and we don't play balls for him to run unto .He is ok at holding the ball up but its not his strength.

And every cross is telegraphed due to our slow tempo and easily defended he never gets a free header

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sounds like the classic Villa signing as coming into the side full of confidence, and then turning into a nervy wreck within 6 months.

It's like that Monty Python Philosophers Football sketch where Karl Marx is looking extremely lively when warning up on the sidelines and then as soon as he gets on the pitch he stops and and stands still thinking about something else :D 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

It's like that Monty Python Philosophers Football sketch where Karl Marx is looking extremely lively when warning up on the sidelines and then as soon as he gets on the pitch he stops and and stands still thinking about something else :D 

We need a left winger.

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2020 at 04:39, rbcuk said:

This is pretty awful reading on this, think now we are seeing this 

Its actually worse than it seems. His attacking output this season is a measely 10 in the PL so far. That is, a 10/100. So a lot worse than even what they predicted.

As a comparison, Davis's is 19/100. Wesley's was 26/100

Edit: Combing through Wesley's stats, he was actually in almost the same boat. None of his seasons actually showed even close to average PL attacking output except for the 2016-17 season in the Jupiler league where he put in some pretty high numbers across the board. After that season though, he's attacknig output haven't been anywhere near average PL level. Interesting considering he''s posted higher goal per minute returns in other seasons.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Â