Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Before the stoppage, Samatta was doing the sort of things I was wanting Wesley to do .

I don't even rate Wesley very much, but from what I've seen he's 10 times the player Samatta is

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't even rate Wesley very much, but from what I've seen he's 10 times the player Samatta is

I feel the exact opposite :D 

And I've not seen enough to rate Samatta highly at all.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much agree, but would like to see them play together.

They are both different strikers tbh, can see both being useful in different ways in the champ next year.

I know Samatta hasn't been on it since the restart, but that headed goal against man City shows he knows where the goal is (unless he was just lucky).

Wesley and Samatta should be two good strikers for the champ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does Smith not rate him? Our main January signing and he prefers to start a non scoring forward instead. Looks out of sorts and has regressed since he came to Villa. That sounds familiar. 

I think he looks a bit unfit. Quarantine might have not agreed with him.

Hopefully it's that and not that the hunger is gone with the big move and contract. He looks way worse now that before the break.

don't see how you can blame smith in game, maybe blame the fitness team how we've been at training for so long and yet he still looks so far off

he looks awful, no where near fit, cant get on the ball, before the break he looked a constantly on the move very sharp good player

his post lockdown return is more disappointing than jacks or mcginns IMO 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

It's funny to see Tanzanians commenting here and there on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter ecc, that he's the best player at the club and we only lose because he doesn't start 😂

They seem like a real patriotic bunch. Maybe a bit too biased for my taste though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They seem like a real patriotic bunch. Maybe a bit too biased for my taste though.

They're not villa fans, they're samatta fans, which is fair, he is the first Tanzanian footballer to play in the premier league after all

On 03/07/2020 at 11:28, Stevo985 said:

VillaTalk syndrome: player gets better the longer they have been out.

Samatta is a threat in the air and has a bit more about him. Whenever he got the ball at the edge of the box, Wesley looked about as threatening as a plastic bag. Frustrated everyone.

Agree with you they do different things, but jury’s still out on who’s the better player IMHO.

• Like 1

Â