Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

Just now, Zatman said:

Mm really. What basis is he a good player and good striker 🤔

Unless your a Belgian football expert

Nothing else than my view on him 🙂 

I think his runs and his first touch is very good, get's into good positions to score. Hasn't happened so much here yet, but wouldn't have scored so many goals in Belgium if he wasn't a good striker and a good player. He is a bit of the poacher type though, who will look bad if he doesn't get chances and if he's isolated. In those games a Davis or a Wesley will look better because of the hold up play. But when it comes to more football intelligence, runs, passing and positioning I think he is ahead of them.

• Confused 1

I think we should play Davis and Samatta up front together but I also think that Smith is too stubborn to do this. I think they would be a good combination because Davis can hold the ball up well and alleviate pressure from the defence and Samatta can thrive off the scraps

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we should play Davis and Samatta up front together but I also think that Smith is too stubborn to do this. I think they would be a good combination because Davis can hold the ball up well and alleviate pressure from the defence and Samatta can thrive off the scraps

Smith has already done this once. It wasn't very successful.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another hopeless signing.  My god where do we gond these crap signings from???

32m on him and wesley is beyond a joke

We went into the season extremely light up front. We put all our hopes on an unknown kid from the Belgian league and an injury prone kid who still is yet to score in the PL. We bought him and crossed our fingers that he’d be a PL goal scorer almost like Benteke had been. Then in January when we were already in trouble and our great hope was injured we went out and bought another bloke who’d never kicked a ball in the PL and expected him to save us. Where was the Darren Bent type signing? Did any of us seriously believe, except with the eternal optimism of a football fan that this signing was going to make a difference?

Makes you wonder who is running this shambolic show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I thought he looked sharp first couple of games. But he was a panic signing and it shows.

Agreed DC. Just like bastion. Both panic signings just like carroll last year. 

We deserve everything we get for some poor planning and gambling.

Suso and Smith both responsible and need ti be sacked. Suso and his lame contacts

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another hopeless signing.  My god where do we gond these crap signings from???

32m on him and wesley is beyond a joke

In fairness we DO have a long and consistent track record of making decent players crap because we force them into playing a game they are not used to. It's like buying a square peg, trying to force it into a round hole and then complaining the peg is "crap" !

• Like 1

I admire people’s optimism in thinking he’s a good player. But I’m not sure where it comes from. He looks shit to be frank. 

I think Wesley is actually better, and I don’t particularly rate him either 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I admire people’s optimism in thinking he’s a good player. But I’m not sure where it comes from. He looks shit to be frank. 

I think Wesley is actually better, and I don’t particularly rate him either 

Wesley is better and wesley really struggled. 

I think initially I got excited with him, because he was a new striker and he seemed sharp. But we've just added another player to the squad not cut out for this level. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wesley is better and wesley really struggled. 

I think initially I got excited with him, because he was a new striker and he seemed sharp. But we've just added another player to the squad not cut out for this level. 

Wesley would have benefited, as would we, with a PL experienced striker in the squad. That would have given us the chance to either play them together or replace him and take some pressure off. To put all of the responsibility on the shoulders of a young kid that was new to the country and the league was almost criminally neglect. Whoever made this decision should be sacked for that alone. 

How much was Danny Ings?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wesley would have benefited, as would we, with a PL experienced striker in the squad. That would have given us the chance to either play them together or replace him and take some pressure off. To put all of the responsibility on the shoulders of a young kid that was new to the country and the league was almost criminally neglect. Whoever made this decision should be sacked for that alone. 

How much was Danny Ings?

I think that decision is one of the worst things we did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

In fairness we DO have a long and consistent track record of making decent players crap because we force them into playing a game they are not used to. It's like buying a square peg, trying to force it into a round hole and then complaining the peg is "crap" !

But paul whats the plan then on that basis? Why did they think samatta would suit smiths style? 

Smith tactics do not lookile they benefit samatta whatsoever. Either the managers tactics are poor or samatta is crap.

Samatta just looks like a passenger.  Offers very little and its like playing with ten men. I dont even see him having a shot. He adds nothing to us.

Really not impressed 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think that decision is one of the worst things we did. 

Agreed. A complete and utter stupid decison by the club. We should have got rid of kodjia and signed a experineced striker. Maybe someone like austin or long. Not great players but very experienced in pl.

I still think we should have signed mitrovic instead of wesley.

When we go down we need a experienced striker. Someone like gayle not these crap unknown punts from abroad that we have done last summer

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Not going to write him off but he's been pretty poor so far. I think a lot of fans got carried away when we signed him, he looked relatively lively and scored a decent header in the cup final but looks far from Premier League quality.

I hope, like with all our players, that they find form and prove me wrong but not seeing much evidence that he's got it in his locker.

Â