Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

him not being fit could cause us huge problems, fair play to our team for spotting it and not chucking him in just cos on paper he's comfortably our best attacker, he was way off the pace

Yeah bit worrying to see him blowing out of his backside five minutes after coming, not sure what sort of training regime he's been on last three months as he looked decent in the 5-6 games he played before.

Don’t really think I agree with the comments always hard coming on as a sub, all players get there second wind so to speak, and he actually got winded as well. I actually think he should of started. He would of put the chances Davies didn’t away. Davies looked more unfit to me, but was also great to see him play I just feel Davies would be better to bring on in the last 20 to hold up the ball and bully defenders.

He looked completely knackered within a few minutes of coming on. Hopefully just an off day or not quite up to speed yet because he's been far better than that up to this point.

• Like 1

He had no impact because the team had become accustomed to walloping the ball to Davis who made plenty of nothing long balls.

The team lazily continued that when Samatta came on, he's not a player who can hold off two CBs and make something out of a long ball.

Samatta off Davis would be great. Samatta with the ball passed into his feet is great as well.

I don't blame Samatta for nearly the whole team being too scared to pass the ball forward on the floor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He had no impact because the team had become accustomed to walloping the ball to Davis who made plenty of nothing long balls.

The team lazily continued that when Samatta came on, he's not a player who can hold off two CBs and make something out of a long ball.

Samatta off Davis would be great. Samatta with the ball passed into his feet is great as well.

I don't blame Samatta for nearly the whole team being too scared to pass the ball forward on the floor.

I know this will probably be controversial but I think the coach probably needs to take a tiny bit of responsibility for this too.

22 hours ago, briny_ear said:

He looked lightweight tonight and had little impact on the game. 

Given that our “other” striker, Davis, doesn’t seem to be able to be score, this is not great news.

Yeah you d give anything for Tammy at this point would we not, considering what we have in firepower we all but failing a Smith system not out scoring our opponents.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes we certainly have many problems up front still, to me it does suggest a Coaching and player issue, there are way to many problems existing this late in the season for it not to be both.

Are our players unable to learn or are our Coach's not able to teach, something is really being messed up between teaching, learning and deploying it all on the field.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I know this will probably be controversial but I think the coach probably needs to take a tiny bit of responsibility for this too.

Absolutely.

I'm sure the manager wasn't happy with the overall performance last night, it wasn't "good" from anyone really.

Davis made it easy to be lazy by causing trouble from hopeful punts.

Huge missed chance last night.

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Exactly, I haven't seen so many long balls since the days of James Collins...and I know Collins' were actually better than Mings.

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Exactly, I haven't seen so many long balls since the days of James Collins...and I know Collins' were actually better than Mings.

We aren't going to stay up by playing cute and pretty football.

We're in a dogfight. Davis is a street fighter who will try to bully defenders. Samatta and Wesley needs "service" to do anything.

I know which striker i'd go for.

It does all sound like were having feeding problems again, how to service a forward shouldn't be as tough as what we are making it look. 

All I know if we better sort out fast, we have had all season to sort these problems out and its shocking that we are still faced with them. If we cant get rid of them then our players and club do not belong in the premier yet and it looks like they will be faced with routing these problems out in the championship.

Only way I think we should be wollaping the ball is from our defence to get rid of it and allow us breathing time. Midfield to up front only time you should be sending long balls is to start Wingers off on runs. We have failed miserably at setting off runs, considering were supposed to have one of the fastest footballers (Trezegeut). One thing we can say is we have failed to utilize that so called speed of Trezegeut's in the right way and deliver him runs that he can win and race down the line for. Is it just me though or doesn't sound like it was greatly over exaggerated the reports of him being super fast upon us signing him.

Really it's no different in how we was with Wesley, we struggled to not only push the ball in his direction but it also looked that some players didnt trust to serve Wesley balls, for whatever reason it just didn't happen.

For one reason or another there are a fair amount of ways in which we are failing to serve our Striker, surely we can be better than this because we really need our striker to score.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It does all sound like were having feeding problems again, how to service a forward shouldn't be as tough as what we are making it look. 

All I know if we better sort out fast, we have had all season to sort these problems out and its shocking that we are still faced with them. If we cant get rid of them then our players and club do not belong in the premier yet and it looks like they will be faced with routing these problems out in the championship.

Only way I think we should be wollaping the ball is from our defence to get rid of it and allow us breathing time. Midfield to up front only time you should be sending long balls is to start Wingers off on runs. We have failed miserably at setting off runs, considering were supposed to have one of the fastest footballers (Trezegeut). One thing we can say is we have failed to utilize that so called speed of Trezegeut's in the right way and deliver him runs that he can win and race down the line for. Is it just me though or doesn't sound like it was greatly over exaggerated the reports of him being super fast upon us signing him.

Really it's no different in how we was with Wesley, we struggled to not only push the ball in his direction but it also looked that some players didnt trust to serve Wesley balls, for whatever reason it just didn't happen.

For one reason or another there are a fair amount of ways in which we are failing to serve our Striker, surely we can be better than this because we really need our striker to score.

If there's a lack of service why is Keinan always getting into scoring positions whether he plays 10 minutes, 15 minutes or the full game? Whereas Wesley don't

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If there's a lack of service why is Keinan always getting into scoring positions whether he plays 10 minutes, 15 minutes or the full game? Whereas Wesley don't

Wesley was getting into scoring positions and we had many a time where Wesley should have been the one with the ball to shoot, however the player went on and shot it himself and the position was worse off than what Wesley's position was.

Davis has an eye for Positioning, shame his placement, feel for a shot and scoring absolutely sucks. You can see that team mates were more reluctant to pass to Wesley than what they were with Davis, maybe the fact he was new is thing while Davis has been with Villa for a while. I dont really know but something is wrong with Samatta not being brought into play and services properly, either were absolute crap at it or theres a certain level of ignorance going on, what do you suggest it is VillaLad21???

Â