Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely dont know what he actually does. Other than score that goal in the LC final, I cant remember him existing.

I was saying this back in the day. Everyone was so sure he was better than Wesley. He might be OK if he had some more chances, but he's really barely done anything. Davis is so much better, but there's no point bringing him on now. Save him for Palace.

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I was saying this back in the day. Everyone was so sure he was better than Wesley. He might be OK if he had some more chances, but he's really barely done anything. Davis is so much better, but there's no point bringing him on now. Save him for Palace.

I have to agree, people seem convinced he will be better in the championship but I can't say I've seen much of anything from him at all, let alone anything that suggests he is a good enough footballer.

The amount of money we have spent on strikers in the last 5 years to have the toothlessness we have at that part of the pitch is embarrassing.

I don't think he will fair well in the Championship somehow. We need to figure out a system to get the best out of him (whatever that is) because we are gonna be stuck with him I reckon.

1 minute ago, deeps said:

Smith crushes his confidence post lockdown by dropping him for Davis. 

Come on, samatta was blatantly unfit post lockdown, he didn't deserve to start and it was the right choice, nothing to do with confidence his sharpness isn't there 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Would have been better going with Kodjia.

Woeful.

I honestly believe this. As idiotic and lazy as he can be, he has that spark, that moment of brilliance where you feel something might happen. Don't get that with Davis or Samatta. 

Not that things would have been significantly better, not by a long shot. 

25 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The amount of absolute dud strikers we have signed in recent years. What success stories have we had? Benteke from nearly a decade ago and Abraham, who wasnt even ours.

I suppose Kodjia was a decent buy for where at, maybe ayew too, all things considered... But if this is the best we can come up with... Well... The results are there to be seen

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Good player and good striker, but very isolated up front.

Mm really. What basis is he a good player and good striker 🤔

Unless your a Belgian football expert

27 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The amount of absolute dud strikers we have signed in recent years. What success stories have we had? Benteke from nearly a decade ago and Abraham, who wasnt even ours.

These lot might top the Bosko Balaban saga. 

Â